ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice on replacing fuel pipe from fuel rail.

I need replace my fuel pipe that connects to the fuel rail. Some of the plastic clip has broken on the end, so before it starts leaking I have ordered the part from renault.

It seems to disappear off down the side of the engine, and i think it comes out under the car.

Any advice on how best to get the pipe in the correct place down the side of the engine? I cant see down the side let alone get my hand down there to try feed it in the correct route.

Any help much appreciated

cheers

alien green rs133
cable tie around existing one, sorted :rasp:

on topic though im pretty sure the fuel pipe has a join in it at the bottom of the chassis leg, tbh get the part of renault and then you will see how much of a job it is by the shape of the new bit. But im fairly sure it goes to the bulkhead and then down the chassis leg.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Easy mate,

first off go under the car(driver side) and you will see 2 pipes one has a green button, disconnect that and the fuel from that point to the fuel rail will leak out, whilst your under there, there is like a white clip that holds it in place just pop it out, i used a flat screwdriver to release it.

Now go to the fuel rail and disconnect and pull it up,

Job done,

to fit back work backwords and jobs a good'en

I have picked the part up from renault , its got 7 bends in it. I was thinking cable tie as well, worth a try. Just wondering if there is a better method. Do not want risk the pipe resting on the hot engine by just stuffing it down the side till it comes out under the car :s

I had the car up on stands the other day, i noticed two pipes on the chassis, drivers side front, that had the same connector as the fuel pipe, so i am thinking it is where it comes out.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
No when you remove it you will notice what i mean,

Stuck to the body of the car are these big white clips, so the fuel pipe connect to those and you clip them to close keeping the pipe out of danger, its not a flexi pipe so you dont have to worry about it going anywhere and by connecting the two end and cliping it in the middle will eliminate it from contact to the engine.

You will kick yourself when you notice how easy it is, im not a mechanic and i could do it

This method does not seem to work . Can get the pipe about 6-8 inch down the side of the engine then it just jams against something . No matter how much you wiggle push bend twit it just goes no further . From looking at the molded pipe it seems to come from the fuel rail diagonal backwards, then flat then 90 degree bend then diagonal down . its just getting stuck at the 90 bend or where it goes flat. Every time i pull it back out the end is getting covered in black stuff and getting all scratched up. Not sure this is really doing the seal in that end much good.

Taking that engine mount off has made no really difference or help.

I think ill jut get it toed to a garage as now i have no fuel pipe, engine at an angle so cant get mount back on , so need get engine crane or something to get it back in position.

I think i have learned a valuable lesson , not be cheap and just take it to a garage in the first place.

The engine has dropped so non of the bolts that connect to the engine reach anymore , can almost get them on if i leaver the engine up but cant get it up enough.

i think its time i stopped messing as it just seems to be getting worse each time i touch it. one of them days maybe.

cheers for the help though either way.