ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on this ph1 172

Turbo'd lude, Astra
So... i have just sold my Williams and i want to get a phase 1 172 to replace it.... the rawness of my williams was not for me and just not practical as a daily driver for myself...

I have found this 172 on ebay but there is something in the back of my mind which says something isn't right :S

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-X-RENAUL...oryZ9861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any advice appeciated, i have tried ringing the number but no one ever seems to pick up.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Home page > Vehicle information
Selected vehicle:
Clio II 3dr | 3 RS20 00 | CB1C | Sunflower yellow bodywork paint
Selected RENAULT vehicle :
Registration number

X881FPP

Vehicle identification number (VIN)

VF1CB1C0F23776451

Model

Clio II

Model type

CB1C

Date of manufacture

11 2000

Additional information :

Vehicle fabrication number K000106

Equipment level ES4
Additional to equipment level SAN913
Additional to Limited Edition SAN513

Paint code OV377
Seat trim DRAP07
Interior trim HARM01

Special technical features code. \5/
A
C
G
/

N
R
T
W

Engine type F4R
Engine type and suffix /

Engine fabrication number C000140

Gearbox type JC5
Gearbox type and suffix /

Gearbox fabrication number C010539

Type of transmission /
Number of gears 5

Air conditioning type. Normal air conditioning Anti-lock braking system Yes
Controlled suspension shock absorber No Fog lamps PROJAB
Level corrector No Power-assisted steering Yes-Standard
Rear bench seat FBANAR Reinforced suspension shock absorber No
Special protection SSPSCS Speedometer display MILES
Tinted glass VF Type of climate Temperate climate
Version 3 RS20 00

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Personaly I think the 172 PH1 is quite raw anyway, its certainly not as refined as the ph2, dont know if thats because there older??

You'll love a ph1 plus you will enjoy that little bit of extra power.

ahh, ive just sold my unmolested mint ph1 172 to my sister. 33kmiles on the clock and serviced with Renault/Mark Fish/ and tomorrow Rentech. :D

It took me a while to find this one, but i was so happy with it. Owned it for a year. Bought it when it has 25k miles on it.

Sold to my sister for £4000 and her old banger till i find my next car :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
it looks ok to me Loz... they're cheap now, and that is quite leggy

i sold my old Ph1 172 for £3,500 over 12 months ago. that was on 80k and was immaculate :(

Turbo'd lude, Astra
Just got through and it sold this afternoon :(

Oh well im hoping something good comes from the flame red one i'm off to see tomorrow :)

Turbo'd lude, Astra
I have, like the look of the dudes in scotland up for £2300, but the pics are not recent so i dont know tbh, i dont wanna get all the way to scotland (8 hours away) and find its not what i want... if you get me lol The only thing off putting is the fact its starting to rust on the rear arch.

Turbo'd lude, Astra
its always the way :(

Just need ot work out how much its gonna cost me to get the rear arch sorted... will then work out what i can offer him if thats the one im gonna choose :)

also while ur out seeing some ph1's, check if they have alloy bonnets or the shift light on them!!.. also check the backbox.. rust etc... move the back box a tad.. see if its secure or not, as they backboxes on the ph1s are shite.. they fall off after a while.. hence i got mine replaced as soon as i got mine.. with a full cat back stealth system :D

Lots of Alfas
Id go and view it at that price. Read my buyers guide in the guide section and familiarise yourself with the common issues.

Turbo'd lude, Astra
I sure will do Dave... :)

Like i said i would go and view it but i dont want to waste a trip of 16 hours in total, would mean a over night stay etc.... was speaking to a mate in Glasgow who knows what hes looking for, hes gonna see if he has time ot go and check it out :)

Lots of Alfas
^You have a point, just seen how far stowmarket is!! Depends, sometimes you can get cheap flights for around a tenner.

Turbo'd lude, Astra
lol.... just read your guide Dave... nice one, will make sure all points are noted down!

The good thing about the 172 in the for sale section is its just had servicing costs etc and cambelt changed costing £1000... would be a bonus for me :)