ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aerial conundrum ...?! Pics included!

320d M Sport
Help! I have no tv channels... Only way to explain is with pics really. So the loft has been like this since I moved in, wires in place by previous owner

cb27efe22a6350f1d01e17423b94c1df.jpg

Poking out there is an aerial lead, which is now plugged in to the tv:

648a38a0beeeab9e8e276e660f1f9d84.jpg

However, no channels? This is what's at the other end where the hdmis come out:

d88fe6468c4d395abcaeab82cc8981d2.jpg

I've tried joining them with an aerial splitter and nothing? Is it a coupler I need? To join those 2 together?

An extra spanner in the works is the end of the one which is plugged into the tv is black, those are both white..? Confused! [emoji51]

SQ5
Bit of a bodge job by looks of it.

Have you coupled them together properly? If not try that.

Do you know where the one labelled aerial in comes from?

320d M Sport
I've no idea mate? Outside in guessing...?! Gonna try coupling em tomorrow and see if it works..??!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
As pikey as it sounds hold the two in your palm and press your finger into the aerial socket on the tv whilst scanning for channels.

If you get nothing then you know it's FUBAR'd.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Actually just realised there are actually 3 cables. Thought those were the two. In that case just getting two bits of tin foil one that goes from point to point, and one that goes from outer to outer to test it would work. If it doesn't then yeah again, FUBAR'd.

SQ5
Cut the ends off and twist the inner and outer bits to each other keeping them separate and see if you get a signal, it's actually a better way than using a coupler.

SQ5
You need to find out where the other end of the "In" cable comes from. Do you have a tv distribution amp anywhere? Possibly in loft?

320d M Sport
Fixed! Thanks for everyone's help. Turns out those two aerials used to go into a freeview box and then hdmi to a tv. I linked both to a new aerial lead and guess what.... Didn't work!

I then thought, hmm... And plugged just the lead into the tv, and presto! Worked..?! It shouldn't but it did, so I just cabled the excess around the back. It's a decent quality signal too [emoji106] w
4cee81d6a1e61a5b68bb564d49c0b4fd.jpg

c56b4aab76284212baa5a1528c3b652f.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Looking at those s**t connectors on the end of the wires i suspect the issue lies with those. But its sorted now.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Shame I cannot spell when half baked on 10 shots of Jagermeister lol