ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AF dressle mini review (chicken content)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Got this through the door the other day. Wasn't expecting it at all, must be part of the testers. It's water based and seems to go very far.

null_zps12503ccc.jpg

Its all purpose dressing for plastics and interior. Some of my plastics had faded a little so thought I'd try it out. I just used a microfibre to apply. Sprayed onto the microfibre then wiped on and buffed off.

Before
null_zps9f63950a.jpg

After
null_zpseacf0ff2.jpg

Before
null_zpsf33bb5cf.jpg

after
null_zpsefaf6d65.jpg

null_zps95d07c78.jpg

Brought them up nicely and a little goes a long way.

tried it on the engine bay plastics and the front splitter and lower grille:
Before
null_zps82818e15.jpg

After
null_zpsa1969d22.jpg

Before
null_zps1b475046.jpg

after
null_zpsfa795ece.jpg

interior sill
null_zpse06ef8de.jpg

and some spicy chicken wings to warm me up! Bloody eyes were sweating after these
null_zpsd4b5663f.jpg

The product is good. it doesn't do much for the interior or the engine bay, it's not a bad cleaner but doesn't seem to blacken the interior of the clio very well. The exterior trims take the dressle better, I also tried some water on them and it sheets off which is nice. All in its a decent product and very easy to apply but one I won't be buying, there's just other ones out there that are a bit better. Not sure on pricing for this yet either.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Decent write up but from what I can see and what you've said it seems AF have not produced a very good product here, They already have Revive which for a Temp Plastic treatment is good so not sure where Dressle will find its market?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Decent write up but from what I can see and what you've said it seems AF have not produced a very good product here, They already have Revive which for a Temp Plastic treatment is good so not sure where Dressle will find its market?

Pretty spot on there. There are a lot of products out there which do the job better. It's too watery, I prefer a sort of gel like poorboys for temp plastic treatment. It's not a terrible product, just think it could be better. We will see how it lasts

Erm, where are the after photos? The above look like photos of my trim once cleaned, prior to applying a dressing...

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Erm, where are the after photos? The above look like photos of my trim once cleaned, prior to applying a dressing...

Might be the phone or the lighting but I can assure you that the car was given a good clean prior to dressing. The plastic trims(outer) you can see the difference however engine bay wise it made sod all difference.

Might be the phone or the lighting but I can assure you that the car was given a good clean prior to dressing. The plastic trims(outer) you can see the difference however engine bay wise it made sod all difference.

Sorry, chap - my point was the look of the dressing after you'd applied it, not whether you'd cleaned first. I can see you've cleaned. The before photos look like matt, slightly faded trim (standard for UK cars). But the afters leave a lot to be desired (that's not an AF wax joke...).

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Sorry, chap - my point was the look of the dressing after you'd applied it, not whether you'd cleaned first. I can see you've cleaned. The before photos look like matt, slightly faded trim (standard for UK cars). But the afters leave a lot to be desired (that's not an AF wax joke...).

Ah I see, confused I was..

yeah not great to be honest. Don't know if it's a finished product or not. I think it's to do with the fact it's water based. It's literally like water when u apply it. Just not thick enough IMO. Maybe AF will be along with some input.

Ah I see, confused I was..

yeah not great to be honest. Don't know if it's a finished product or not. I think it's to do with the fact it's water based. It's literally like water when u apply it. Just not thick enough IMO. Maybe AF will be along with some input.

According to this, it is (presume you received one as well);

View attachment 105722

Interestingly, it says it can be layered (so similar to their tyre dressing). But who wants to go around their grills more than once?!
Auto Finesse - input would be appreciated.