ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After a frustrating day.......

133/225/CLS AMG
What a f*cking hassle all because of Halfords.

They sell me a set of 15" rims, 'sorry we don't have the fitting kit' but they'll have one in later in the week. Ar$e!!!

Anyway me being impatient I thought I'd get em bolted on without the spiggot ring and put them on later in week. Well get em to RSR in Redhill who were most helpful, put the wheels on and guess what the rears are practically resting on the inner arches.

That means that 195/50/15s do not fit on a Renault 5.

RSR offer to do me a set of TSWs for £20 more with I believe 185/45/15 instead. So off to Halfords I go with the wheels to get my money back.

After having to have a row with the manager of the Redhill Halfords due to the fact that I'd got them in the Croydon branch and that they weren't ones they stock and that I had to take them all the way back there. One raised voice from me and Sarah and 4 wheels refunded back to me!!

Then got these fitted by RSR, fit perfectly and has transformed the way it rides and handles!

Resize2.jpg

Resize1.jpg

All in all thumbs up for RSR who were great :lol: and a big F*CK YOU to Halfords! :the finger:

133/225/CLS AMG
Trust me mate, I'll be using them in future. The guys at the Redhill branch were more than helpful and pretty friendly as well.

Besides for £320 for a set of proper fitting TSW alloys it far better.

al

ST on the way...
I love Renault 5's :D

Looks spot on.......and *shock horror* it's still red!! ;)

Would look sweet with some GTT alloys on :)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
is that the 1.4 bus?

there was an old wifey who had one round the corner from my folks gaff, N reg 6,700 miles!!

in light blue, wheel trims mega kerbed

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
First car 1.1 R5, lowered 45mm on 15's 195/45's. Now that thing could handle. The level of grip was bloody amazing. You going to lower it yourself? Is a really easy task providing the torsion bar isn't seized. Just need something to screw into the bar that you can get enough leverage on to pull it out.

133/225/CLS AMG
I'm thinking of lowering it, although I'm no mechanical type so may ask round see if someone can assist.

I have to say that now its got the rubbish 14s off and these 15s on the handling and drive is a real pleasure, where before it was pretty hard work. For the money, it makes a perfect second car.

Lowering is the next plan, although I'm having it serviced and the heating looked at. There's heat but no fans blowing it so its mighty cold at the moment haha.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Its really not to hard. If you have the haynes manual it more or less explains what you have to do in there, so worth a look to see if you think you can do it. Is really worth lowering it as it makes an even greater difference to the handling. However the ride isn't the smoothest and you will feel the bumps.