ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After some suspension advice

Currently running Spax RSX coil overs on my ph2 172, got a horrible noise whenever the nearside front drops into a hole, even a small hole so I'm assuming that damper is shot? These were fitted back in 2010 from what I can see well before I bought the car. Also getting a lot of noise from the rear.

To be honest the ride is too hard for me and I much prefer a standard cup setup ride and handling wise as an everyday driver. Thinking of removing them or a rebuild etc etc

What are my options and whats the best way to go baring in mind that the 172 cup setup won't go onto my standard ph2 172?

Ideas guys?

mk1 Octavia VRS
Best place to order 172 cup shocks guys?

Thanks for the advice!

Best place is Renault Wolverhampton in the traders section on here. Shocks should be under £38 each, plus delivery. Probably best to phone them.

They will definitely fit. I (and many other people on here) have 172 cup shocks on their normal 172s. It's the 182 cup front shocks that won't fit as they have a different bolt spacing.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Best place is Renault Wolverhampton in the traders section on here. Shocks should be under £38 each, plus delivery. Probably best to phone them.

They will definitely fit. I (and many other people on here) have 172 cup shocks on their normal 172s. It's the 182 cup front shocks that won't fit as they have a different bolt spacing.
You can only phone them as Adam has left the company. [emoji2]