ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket Stereo

Focus
I'm looking at fitting an aftermarket stereo to replace the standard one in my 172, am looking at one to play my ipod. Couple of things, will I need any cable adapters for the back of it? Except for the stalk adapter? Will the stereo fit snuggly in the gap and not push out at all?

Thanks alot!

Ibiza Cupra 180
it should come with all cables to use your ipod with if you buy a good one (Alpine ect...) As for your stalk and your clock, i think you need cables and plugs but I heard its pretty much a dash out job to change the stalk adaptor - best if someone replys who has changed it tho !

Focus
Thanks mate. Yeah I know the ipod will need cables, I mean will I need any adapters to connect to the standard wiring?

When I fitted one to my ford focus before but I needed an adapter cable for the back, is this the same for the clio?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I've fitted JVC, Alpine (the best IMO), Pioneer, and Sony to various cars over the years and never needed an adaptor yet. Only problem with some of the older Alpines, is they use a MASSIVE fuse which is in a box that can get in the way sometimes. On a Clio, there is space to tuck that out the way, should it be a problem for you.

Regular DIN HU's like the one in the Clio are generic sized boxes, so anything you buy online/Halfords/Local stereo shop will fit.

clio 1.2 mk2 phase 1
alpine all the way mate . alpine only make car audio so all there funds got in research in car audio. sony make tvs and shite like tht lol enough said it all depends on how much you got to spend really

Focus
Thanks alot looks like I'll be looking at an alpine!

Do the cables for the alpines for the ipod, come out of the back or do you plug them in the front? Would in a way prefer to plug it into the front but not bothered either way. :)

Depends on the model, some can come out the front by using the USB but it must have AAC playback, I should be able to beat any price from the likes of CAS

172 Flame Red '53
TBH better to have Ipod lead come out back. You can go though the hole for the latch at the top of your glove box to the back of the HU without needing to any of the dash apart.

BG 182
And if you have USB at the front, normally you control all the music through the iPod where as an iPod specific unit with a lead coming from the rear can normally be controlled through the stereo itself, plus it looks much tidier. I'd speak to MT Audio by the looks of it.

clio 1.2 mk2 phase 1
i paid £50 for my alpine headunit which came with a lead that plugged in the back . ran it into my glovebox so its hidden. everything is controlled via the headunit.

and dont know about mt audio alpine is alpine no matter where you but it . imo ebay is your best bet same products alot cheaper

182 ff cup packs
Depends on the model, some can come out the front by using the USB but it must have AAC playback, I should be able to beat any price from the likes of CAS

i need leads 4 my steering controls an remote display 4 a kenwood in my 182.....how much can u do the set 4 ...... is it best 2 ring an place order.... cheers

Listerine & Poledo
upper-end Alpine stuff will allow you to hook up to the dash-top display so you can still have it display something other than then clock.

Not a cheap bit of wire, but certainly worth it

Clio 1.4 Dynamique +
upper-end Alpine stuff will allow you to hook up to the dash-top display so you can still have it display something other than then clock.

Not a cheap bit of wire, but certainly worth it

Got a Kenwood adapter so I could use my stalk controls from MT Audio. Dash top display still shows time & temp, but says Renault instead of relevant info (ie radio station etc). Definitely worth getting.

Listerine & Poledo
The alpine one will give you track names, radio details etc.
Means I can have the HU on "Blackout", which is far nicer if driving in the dark.

clio 1.4
I have just connected all the adapters to connect my headunit to the radio stalk but now when i plug the adapters in through a headphone like socket on the back the radio just turns off. Any ideas? If i leave this unplugged the headunit works as before but with no stalk controls. Could the wiring be shorting? thanks