ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG Sheeting

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
Hi guys n gals

Decided to sort out my car for winter. Washed with Meguiar's Gold Class Car Shampoo, polished with AutoGlym's Super Resin Polish & sealed with AG's Extra Gloss Protection. Couldn't find my damn applicator pad so did it with an old cotton t-shirt that I took a pair of scissors to.

Now, here is the question....why does it leave a trail when the water pours off? Is that normal? Did I not apply enough polish/sealer? And when it rained, there was a nice lot of beading but then there was a load of mist(?) around them? Any ideas normal?/why/how to stop if not normal?

Also looking to get a DA machine for xmas + birthday...any suggestions for what is the best one for a beginner (max around £150) and a selection of pads to get? Complete noob when it comes to that side of things. Paintwork needs a good seeing to, just isn't getting as good as I want when done by hand.

Here is a vid of the sheeting:
Pic of beading is attached (apologies for flash)

cheers, Sean

Attachments

• 2014-10-24 20.46.41.jpg
    2014-10-24 20.46.41.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
That's all quite normal for a waxes or sealed panel to allow the water to run off the bonnet like that and not allow it to sit there

As for a machine polisher, look at a dual action (DA) polisher like the DAS6

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
As said, that's what it's meant to do, if you use an open ended hose or watering can, you can almost dry the car by pouring water onto it :)

And as dave said, look at dual action polishers, using the Cs discount, you can get the das6 pro for £105

It's meant to do that, yes, but EGP is not as good at repelling water in comparison to other sealants. That's why it leaves a trail.

If you're fussed by it, try a coating of reload, c2v3 or hydr02.

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
It's meant to do that, yes, but EGP is not as good at repelling water in comparison to other sealants. That's why it leaves a trail.

If you're fussed by it, try a coating of reload, c2v3 or hydr02.
ahhhhhh thats why! I thought that I didn't do a very good job of applying it. Might have to look into those other sealants...just because ;)