ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ahhh...snapped my engine cover

hey,

i just attempted to remove my engine cover and applied to much force and ended up snapping the two clips at the bottom. Any idea how much they are from renault? Dont know of any local scrap dealers.

Thanks

ok thanks will have a look around. Is there anything i can hold it down with until i get a new one? Wat about gaffer tape, or is there anything else that would be safe?

R35 GTR
ok thanks will have a look around. Is there anything i can hold it down with until i get a new one? Wat about gaffer tape, or is there anything else that would be safe?

depends how you have broken it ? Could the clips be bonded back on with a load of body filler?

have lost the broken part of the clips so bonding them back wont be possiable. Found another one for sale, just lookin for a quick bodge to protect the spark plugs from gettin wet over the next couple of days.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
The same thing happened to me a couple weeks back.

My solution was to drill a small hole where the lugs were and where they clip into and insert a small screw. Works a treat and doesnt actually look that bad.

are you sure it wont do any harm if the spark plugs get wet. Im sure this triggers the safe mode to kick in?

www.renparts.co.uk
are you sure it wont do any harm if the spark plugs get wet. Im sure this triggers the safe mode to kick in?

th top of the engine won't get wet..... even if it does it will evaporate off straight away... not like when you squirt water down if you were cleaning it..

al

ST on the way...
I've only got two clips left on mine and it stays on fine :) (it has done for about 1000 miles anyway lol)