ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Filter or Induction Kits !!

Renault Clio RS 200
Just bought Clio RS 200 looking for performance, im starting with air in take, please links for good filters or induction kits

Alright, i have a 200 aswell but i am yet to try anything, from reading around on here the verdict seems to prefer just a panel filter change off ktec, proberly what i am goin to do tbh

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
On the earlier RS clios it's panel filter + a silicone hose (instead of the plastic connecting hose with ripples in) to improve flow.
To Improve sound you need an induction kit which I haven't seen for the 200 yet :S

Erm i have seen 1, there is a tuning place near me called redline tuning who have designed 1 for it appentally :S lol, think i might just get the panel filter and silicone hose from Ktec

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Just searched them they claim gains of 12-18 hp which if it is true they will be very rich people soon but I doubt that's true lol and make them for 172/182 o and according to them a Clio 192 cup whatever that is :S lol

You can wack a K&N cone in the end of the hose or even extend the hose a little with something and make a housing with an airflow coming into the side (might help with heat soak) if you wanted something different than the standard air box in your bay but apart from that hose and panel filter is the way to go :)

Cheers for the info :) yer when i saw that on their site i did have alittle laugh with my work mates lol, i will sort my induction out after i have fitted my coilovers and exhaust system :p which should arrive 2moz :)

182 cup
I tried the K&N apollo and it was rubbish! had it on for a week and then swapped it back for the std airbox. Sounded half decent at high revs but it felt like it was losing 10bhp throughout the rev range. Tests show that they do lose that much on the Mk3 RS's.

I now have an ITG panel and its fine. Your not going to notice the extra couple of ponies from it but its about the same price as a std panel and had lifetime warrany!

Yer i have just ordered that filter lol, where did you get ur silicone hose from? I dont wanna do much engine wish till i have sorted the suspension and that out, is it worth getting the new mounts? Have they made a strut brace for the 200 yet?

182 cup
The Standard 200 is pretty decent out of the box, if you are a track driver then semi slicks are a good shout. Without spending thousands your not going to gain much power out of one.

I think if a strut brace would of helped out, they would of fitted an integrated one as standard. The silicone hose used with the apollo comes with the kit champ.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
My brother has asked me to buy him an induction kit for his 200 as he misses the sound of his R32 - we all know it's never going to sound like an R but surely by now there must be a decent enough IK for the 200 (ie: gives sound but doesn't make it boggy)?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
how you getting on with the sportlines? im looking at getting bilstein b4 shocks fitted at the same time now to freshen up the suspension along with some poly bushes.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
how you getting on with the sportlines? im looking at getting bilstein b4 shocks fitted at the same time now to freshen up the suspension along with some poly bushes.
Yeah they're really good. Match the std shocks quite well to be honest, a definite improvement over the standard bouncy springs.
Poly bushes are going to be fitted eventually too for sure, it's too comfy as standard, ha

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
I've got that kit on my car, imo doesn't make any power difference but as long as it's sat as far away from the engine as possible with a cold air feed won't do any harm, sounds decent as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
I wouldn't buy one though, only have it cause it came on the car already

Renault Clio RS 200
I've got that kit on my car, imo doesn't make any power difference but as long as it's sat as far away from the engine as possible with a cold air feed won't do any harm, sounds decent as well.

Have you got any pics of where you have positioned it?

The Ktec is a good Kit. Had it on mine, sounds good and pretty decent install with the cage etc.
No power gains in the real world as with all others, but sound alone changed the car.

The only issue I had with mine is the jubilee clip that holds the hose to the cage has a bolt welded to it. This weld can snap so ask for some spares if you buy new. To be fair to K TEC they send new ones out without hassle.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Renault Clio RS 200
The Ktec is a good Kit. Had it on mine, sounds good and pretty decent install with the cage etc.
No power gains in the real world as with all others, but sound alone changed the car.

The only issue I had with mine is the jubilee clip that holds the hose to the cage has a bolt welded to it. This weld can snap so ask for some spares if you buy new. To be fair to K TEC they send new ones out without hassle.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I'm assuming that K-tec and K&N are the same?
Would that be correct?

No, Ktec use their own filter elements and the cage uses the OEM air box mounts rather than a dodgy strip of metal.

Here's a rubbish video of installation.

Renault Clio RS 200
No, Ktec use their own filter elements and the cage uses the OEM air box mounts rather than a dodgy strip of metal.

Here's a rubbish video of installation.

That must be why the K&N one is over £100 cheaper lol. I'll try this one first and if it's s**t I'll send it back.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Have you got any pics of where you have positioned it?

Sorry mate I'm in a 172 so different bay obv, but obv with an open cone the idea is to keep em away from heat but dunno how you'd go about that in a 200 bay

Renault Clio RS 200
Sorry mate I'm in a 172 so different bay obv, but obv with an open cone the idea is to keep em away from heat but dunno how you'd go about that in a 200 bay

No that's great thanks for the input I'll have to do something.

Renault Clio RS 200
So the kit arrived today looking forward to getting this on..... tomorrow! Yeeeeha lol. I'll try and get some photos of it fitted and ready to rock. Maybe a wee video of the difference.
IMG_0243.JPG
IMG_0245.JPG