ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Horn not working

Clio 172 Cup
Hi I've got an air horn with tubing and air compressor that sits in the car engine bay.
I've not had a chance to give it a proper blast just a couple of beeps (it's very loud and you can't really keep beeping it).
The last time I used it, I then parked up minutes later to the cinema then afterwards it didn't work again..

It currently just buzzes when you press horn button- as if the wires were the wrong way round but I have tested it and it buzzes/vibrates either way. (Other air horns in the past have worked on the same wiring setup

How do I resolve this? Would be a shame if it was broken straight away.. I have read that I may need to put WD40 inside it to lube up the components but I've not had it long and only fitted it this weekend..
IMG_20150706_125250.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
Tonight I planned to disconnect every wire and the tubing, spray wd40 into the compressor.. Set up the wiring and tubing so it looks neat at least... then try again

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
How easy are they to fit in the first place? Would love one of these on my daily morning commute when all the mongs pull out on me!

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
How easy are they to fit in the first place? Would love one of these on my daily morning commute when all the mongs pull out on me!

@leeds2592 It wasn't too bad a job.

I removed the horn from the wheel/wing area and threaded the wiring back up through the engine bay to the front (there is enough length)

Then added new spade connectors to the ends and then it was pretty much plug and play. (I did change the fuse to a higher number as well)