ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm No Longer Working

Ph2 172 (black bean)
Right I've checked through using the search option but most of the threads are about alarms that go off etc.

My issue is that the alarm is no longer going off!!! I can lock the car with the fob and the lights flash 2 times but there are no beeps which it had before. When I unlock the car the lights flash once.

I've tried lokcing the car and then unlocking and opening the door with the key, this would usually set the alarm off but now nothing.

Any ideas on what this could be as I dont really want to have the car sat about with no propoer alarm.

Black Gold Trophy
They do break, it happened to mine, I just replaced it. Got a brand new one off ebay for £20.
Easy enough to fit too, just remove scuttle panel and unplug the old one and plug the new one in

Ph2 172 (black bean)
Its always beeped when I locked it and and unlocked and the megane was the same. Not sure whats right or worng and the manual is just cr*p.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Standard 172/182 alarm shouldn't beep when locking/unlocking.

Well neither of my 2 cars have, and i've never seen one that does.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
true^
But it should set the alarm off if you lock the car with the fob and then unlock with the key. It should beep if you lock the car with the door open

Ph2 172 (black bean)
I'm getting nothing if I do that. The red light has stopped flashing in the centre console as well. Thinks it's well and truly fooked

Black Gold Trophy
Buggered then most likely. But check the fuse, should be underneath the glovebox. If that's not the problem then they arent expensive to replace