ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AlexW's Driveway Antics :)

Many.
What is happening with the Inferno @AlexW ?

Just MOT'ed it the other day, got a few bits left to do, then it'll be up for sale. Need to get cracking with it but some other cars need to be done first. I keep slowing it down, see below lol.

This morning, went down to Southampton to buy this little beast.
Photo19-04-2014125413_zps1c88a013.jpg

Bonnet's popped.

Its pretty funny seeing the height differance between standard and my Flamer.
Photo19-04-2014141236_zpsa6595bcf.jpg

Photo19-04-2014141244_zpsc9011e01.jpg

and home...
Photo19-04-2014155653_zps1134b5ef.jpg

Photo19-04-2014155706_zpsc1723ebe.jpg

Photo19-04-2014155714_zps59a34d84.jpg

So, its a completely standard Ph2 DCi 80. Has Climate control, Electric Sunroof, Auto wipers/headlights and leather steering wheel. Would have preferred a Ph3, but this will do.

It needs a turbo, as its smoking like a bugger on boost, but drove home lovely (hardly smoked when taken easy!), Plan is to tidy it up a bit, then give it to my mother as shes in need of a car.

Can't complain for £600!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Looks a bargain alex. I need a dci in my life

Oh BTW I have your carbon steering wheel dianond. Picked em up earlier

Many.
Alex eating? Now there's a rare sight lol

Its happend a lot recently lol

Fat fcuk.

I know!

BBQ bacon, no one can say no to that s**t!

Indeed, It was lovely.

He also looks relatively clean - how did that happen!?

I hadn't done anything, bar help Levitt with his aerial, was nice to spend all day doing nothing.

Lol! Meed to book myself in for an AlexW Driveway session. Drop me a text!

I replied, eventually lol.

Many.
Bought a new Gazebo this morning, a pop up, so I can use it more.

Then used it to work on this, Its my mates. Changed fork seals, fitted new screen, tightend chain (and lubed) plus some other small bits.
Photo20-04-2014160143_zps218ec308.jpg

Rode it around the block, the want to buy a new motorbike is once again strong. Need to get these Clio's gone!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That black DCI looks a steal nice! the HP we should have bought. Assume you've looked at the rad/intercooler/ac rad set up and drooled.

Many.
That black DCI looks a steal nice! the HP we should have bought. Assume you've looked at the rad/intercooler/ac rad set up and drooled.

I hadn't, until you said that.

Its all different to mine, might have to look into replacing mine with the same type as mines s**t.

Picked up some bits yesterday cheaply.

New alternator pulley for my flamer as the old dampened one died, new fuel filter for the new black one, and a number plate light, for one of them. All brand new Genuine Renault.
70193732-44A9-411E-B2D8-3A5D78430996_zpsekdjixoo.jpg

More later maybe.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I want to set mine up like they do on the 80. It's the same rad and pipes as the non a/c 65.

On the A/C rad combo the pipes go in top right and bottom left but it's both on the left for the other ones. Find my self some rad pipes and an a/c condenser and I'm set.

Many.
I want to set mine up like they do on the 80. It's the same rad and pipes as the non a/c 65.

On the A/C rad combo the pipes go in top right and bottom left but it's both on the left for the other ones. Find my self some rad pipes and an a/c condenser and I'm set.

Yeah I noticed, I'm not sure how the pipes are on my Flamer, but I'm not sure they are different, Might be!

Your getting good at this eating lark! :p

Is your mum impressed with the future car for her?

I know! Tis good food though.

Yeah I think so, If she doesn't I'll sell it on again once its fixed. Need to find some time to get it apart.

Many.
Since I've had a failure with the Black Sport rep, I decided to spend some time fitting the camber shims to the rear of my Flamer.

Heres before, circa 3degrees negative.
45D1E404-EB0D-4044-A822-7C5D6FB39561_zpsfanmgr2l.jpg

6040C7F7-61B8-4E9D-9D55-0D2D6A787ECA_zpsjofklnmd.jpg

351C799D-2213-4ACD-A0ED-ABD1A8EC6040_zpsamzk4nec.jpg

Still looks okay in here considering it was probably 10k ago I fitted all the rear beam etc
B58062EE-3AE2-4770-8A62-0866F680E4C6_zpsibsx0ifp.jpg

Carrier off
E3085229-C160-4DA1-A2BD-AFB95326EFB6_zpsrvcursd0.jpg

Disc off, not forgetting the little washer
D83CBB2C-38A1-41B6-ADB0-90C934DB6509_zpsoda1jlap.jpg

Shock un bolted and wedged out the way
FD23576D-578D-4C3D-BF32-03F2B707C2E0_zpsdmxgsfsw.jpg

Stub axle etc removed, shim fitted, new bolts fitted (because the M.A.D. ones are soft as s**t)
8AFACB4C-8461-41F0-979B-248D368B0804_zpsyfg6wyzg.jpg

After
9BD54981-541B-42C1-AB72-3B2B2C948F7E_zpsbgttk80m.jpg

6A5B420F-F346-4AA7-908E-388CA7F95606_zpskcqqlr5s.jpg

Should be circa 2degrees. Much better. I was conviced it didn't drive right for the first mile, but seems fine now and handles alright too.
Rear end seems a lot more planted, could induce oversteer before, now it feels a lot tighter.

Many.
Looks a lot better. Need to see it in person to clarify but is 2 degrees still a bit much?

I had a look when I parked it somewhere. It probably is a bit much still. I need like half a degree I think, but thats such a small amount. These black shims were 1degree were they?

Its taken me months to fit the shims, so it'll take me even longer to change it again.

Many.
Does it sound like a rely loud tappet & you would swear its in the top ?

Yeah, but it sounds like more than one, its a fast noise. I'll try and get a vid of it later today if I get chance.

Only thing I can think to do now is strip the head off again, and if I still can't find anything, rip the whole thing apart again. Its really f**king me off now tbh :(

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Yeah, but it sounds like more than one, its a fast noise. I'll try and get a vid of it later today if I get chance.

Only thing I can think to do now is strip the head off again, and if I still can't find anything, rip the whole thing apart again. Its really f**king me off now tbh :(

Don't worry Alex, I'll cast my eye over it on Saturday. Will be no problem for a pro like me, step aside.

:D

Many.
After today at Castle Combe.... Pic thanks to @ukaskew, Much appricated.
14020209012_700e73bf12_c.jpg

... I've made a list, it follows on from what I've been thinking about the last few weeks about what I want to get from this car.

Larger Alloy intercooler to do away with the 80 intercooler thats leaking.
Proper Custom remap.
Proper insert Decat
EGT Sensor/gauge
Oil temp sensor/gauge
Higher pressure oil pressure switch
Oil cooler if required, with thermostatic plate if required.

Some sort of support for the front bumper, I'm already missing half the bumper to subframe piece, so I'm figuring rip that out entirly and put something bigger and better in its place, that supports the bumper better.

I'm sure theres more, but thats a start. Make it more reliable, better to drive, and a few more ponys.

Need to get a clutch in it before the next trackday too, this one is causing me to miss gears and a bit of Syncro mashing, It has lasted 173k though, Clicked over 173,000 miles on my first session, then did a fair few miles in my further two sessions lol.

Much to do!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Larger Alloy intercooler to do away with the 80 intercooler thats leaking.
Proper Custom remap.
Proper insert Decat
EGT Sensor/gauge
Oil temp sensor/gauge
Higher pressure oil pressure switch
Oil cooler if required, with thermostatic plate if required.

pritty much what im doing, if i dont get rid of it after the rebuild.

400notes for all the parts to build it back up again. so better intercooler and such will have to wait til winter.

EGT/ oil temp and presure sensors + guages all getting fitted to the dash properly if i keep it.
found out my oil pump had packed up, only giving half pressure.

boost guage already in.

still un desided on the oil cooler, many of the old mk1 DT' owners i know fit them and get rid of the modin system.

f**king god to hope i dont have any rattles on this engine after its all rebuilt. would love to port my head but the cast s**t on the back stops me :(
and i need my decat strengthening as its cracked mid way down! FFS

we all need : <<SS>> SlowSquad stickers :p

btw, youve got an ABS wire swinging in the wind

Many.
Good stuff, how does it go on track? Is Combe not a bit too much of a power circuit? Never been, just how it looks to me!

Straights, Slow stuff I can keep up with, even overtake some lol. Corners I'm generally all over whats in front of me, as I can carry so much speed into, and round corners, when trying anyway!.

EDIT: When theres somebody slower in the corners, but a bit faster on the straights, its well annoying. There was a 350Z and 200SX (Driven by a girl) that kept holding me up, both I could piss all over in the corners, but couldn't touch them in the straights. Luckily they both realised this and let me past, and hung back a bit, Respect to those.

Combe is perfect for huge horsepower, but can be a lot of fun with lack of power, I know the track very well so that helps too I think.

pritty much what im doing, if i dont get rid of it after the rebuild.

400notes for all the parts to build it back up again. so better intercooler and such will have to wait til winter.

EGT/ oil temp and presure sensors + guages all getting fitted to the dash properly if i keep it.
found out my oil pump had packed up, only giving half pressure.

boost guage already in.

still un desided on the oil cooler, many of the old mk1 DT' owners i know fit them and get rid of the modin system.

f**king god to hope i dont have any rattles on this engine after its all rebuilt. would love to port my head but the cast s**t on the back stops me :(
and i need my decat strengthening as its cracked mid way down! FFS

we all need : <<SS>> SlowSquad stickers :p

btw, youve got an ABS wire swinging in the wind

I'm not pricing any of my stuff up lol.

I don't have a need or want for a boost gauge really, I don't really want two gauges, I deffo don't want 3.

Little point in porting on a turbocharged motor, better spent elsewhere.

Reply to the PM I just sent you ;)

Many.
That pic looks great :)

Did you have a good time? Bet you didn't get good mpg like you did going to Clacton! ;)

Didn't fill up since you last saw it, so display was showing 54MPG this morning (5am I left!) by the time I refueled on the M4, had it showing 55MPG! lol

Sat at reasonably constant speeds on the motorway helps.

Did have a brilliant time, Didn't intend to go out on track three times!

Many.
Few more pics from yesterday...

This is from the exit of The Esses onto Old Paddock Bend. Top of 3rd coming out of the Esses into 4th, quite slow.
14020187951_c612745469_b_zpsef16c681.jpg

14023571674_99899ce071_b_zps083cf4cd.jpg

14023701444_7bb6b89461_b_zps6770f81b.jpg

14023109225_c238b48a5c_o_zps3bfa5b26.jpg