ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Choice?

Monaco 172
OK OK OK I'm probably going to get slated for this :(

but I'm unsure of what alloys to buy for my 172 and I was wondering on opinions on something that's different to the standard turinis/pro race 1.2s/O.z. F1s scene that seems to have been adopted on here (please dont shoot me, just want something different and no-one is selling any of the above atm) so i was thinking something like this?

http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/4x_16_Inch_Inovit_ST_VI_Gunmetal_Lip_Alloy_Wheels_with_tyres.php

or any other suggestions would be good please guys :) budget 500 with tyres preferably and no larger than 16"

thankssss :)

ph1 track weapon
those are quite nice

have a look at Rota wheels. I know they're jap, but some of them are uber-light!

Monaco 172
yeah i like the look of the rota wheels aswell, just unsure of the offsets for them :s same with the one above lol oh well search continues :( lol

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
these are similar to what i was going to order before i wrote my car off lol

Monaco 172
lol yeah they are really nice and look similar to the track wheels from ktec but about £180 less and weigh 7kg per wheel, unsure if thats a heavy alloy tho :S found them on here:

http://www.inovit-wheels.co.uk/p1021936.htm

but it doesnt state if they come with tyres or not :s as it says if you want different tyres just ask so i assume it does?

cheers lukas

ph1 track weapon
7kg aint too bad really, although there are much lighter about. compomotives perhaps?

Monaco 172
mega fail by me then lol got confused by the adding special extras just ask bit lol i still cant make up my mind on them tho :(

I like them, but i'm not sure if they'd be a bit too 'hardcore' looking for the clio ? That sort of stuff seems right at home on Jap cars, hmmm tough one.

Monaco 172
I like them, but i'm not sure if they'd be a bit too 'hardcore' looking for the clio ? That sort of stuff seems right at home on Jap cars, hmmm tough one.

Yeah I know what you mean mate, I have run a search on here and only found two clios that had them on and I'm pretty sure they were 17" and in white so I think I might be the first to try them in gunmetal and at 16" but I don't want to waste £450 odd on alloys that may look cack :(

Check Rimstyle out :) deliver next day any include everything needed to pop them straight on.:)

Cheers bud I will give them a look in today :)

Megane RS 250
those are quite nice

have a look at Rota wheels. I know they're jap, but some of them are uber-light!

rota.gif

Sorry, didn't resist!

Monaco 172
rota.gif

Sorry, didn't resist!

lol yeah I have done a search on the rotas and a fair few forums have had unpleasant things to say about certain rotas, but also were on quite powerful front/rear wheel drive cars (400bhp+) so don't know about them quite yet lol

are inovits in the same category of cack as rotas then? as they are ripoffs of rays

cheers lukas

Megane RS 250
I like the look but i don't trust the built quality, reliability is more important than lightness on the road for me.

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
I was considering these earlier in the week as an alternative to second hand Oz ultraleggeras or Speedline Turini's

Wolfrace Pro Lite
2009Tuesday6183436.jpg

Think they would look good on a clio, the coloured rim is personal taste, also available in blue (I was going to paint to match the alloys)

available for around £470 with budget tyres

Monaco 172
What he said

yeah i think that they are more of a JDM scene alloy and at the price im kinda worried about buckling

15s or 16s wouldn't bother with anything bigger TBH

yeah i had 17" on it already, with tyre prices and the fact the ride wasnt as good, it made me realise stick to 16". Whats the real difference between having 15" though, apart from obviously cheaper tyres, i suppose it improves speed?

I was considering these earlier in the week as an alternative to second hand Oz ultraleggeras or Speedline Turini's

Wolfrace Pro Lite
2009Tuesday6183436.jpg

Think they would look good on a clio, the coloured rim is personal taste, also available in blue (I was going to paint to match the alloys)

available for around £470 with budget tyres

yeah they are ok but the problem with wolfrace is they have a bad name now and the last thing I want is my clio to go from 'girly' to 'chavvy' :( otherwise they would be good

now i definately like those, might actually look into getting them from topgear, found them cheaper elsewhere but they had virtually none in stock :( stupid alloywheels.com

thanks for your thoughts guys, keep them coming :)

Monaco 172
hey all, i have my heart set on some 15" wheels now, the cheap tyres and track look seem to appeal a great deal :) i was just wondering if anyone has any pics of any team D's 1.2's or tornado in white on an iceburg? as im unsure what they will look like?

thankssss :)

Monaco 172

haha ok they do look very smart i will grant you that, however the TD are better made i believe and cost less as well so im going to go for them however second dilemma now, there are many colours to go for:

Anthracite

Anthracite with a Red Rim

Black

Black with Yellow Rim

Black with Red Rim

Black with Blue Rim

White

White with Red Rim

ideas people, what would look best on my iceburg 172?

pic of wheel:

http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/4...ornado_Anthracite_Alloy_Wheels_With_tyres.php