ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alton Towers

Hey ya'll.

I was wondering, how many people would be up for going to Alton Towers for maybe a day or two. I was thinking one of the May bank holidays?

If people are interested in going, I'll post up some more details.

:rasp:

172 cup
Good idea this, I work bank holidays so no chance I'd be there but I'm sure there will be interest. I went to a meet at AT a few years ago and it was spot on, it's a fair drive from here but it's worth it.

172 cup
Yeah it's a long day if you do it in one. When we went down with zsoc we travelled on a Wednesday afternoon to a campsite, had a nice pub tea and a few brewskies. Hit Alton towers early the next day, being midweek it was a bit quieter which was good to. Drive home wasn't to bad and getting a full day there was enough- I feel 2 normally drags.

The car parks there are good for photos to, especially the overflow ones :)

Clio 172 Cup
Alton Towers would be good, with a bit of camping in the mix even better.

Sooner we work on it, sooner am on it with holidays and s**t!

172 cup
Maybe making it non bank Hol and it would work out miles cheaper in the long run to, a Tuesday/Wednesday combo after a bank holiday might be a thought to consider.

Think about it, who the hell does ANYTHING on those days... Everyone else is back to work and you get to play out for 2 days where it will almost certainly quieter. It does mean holidays for work for people though which are in some cases a difficulty.

Clio 172 Cup
Works out spot on for me Tue/Wed, Gets my double pay for working the Monday and only need 1 day holiday for the Wednesday, don't work Tuesday or Thursday anyways!!

172 cup
I stayed at a place called the Star caravan park, toilets were clean pub was down the road and Alton towers 4 miles away :)

I'd love it if I had the money spare but it's unlikely for me, saving for summer holiday and Alton towers ain't cheap these days.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'd love to pop allong, have to wait and see if my new job is safe at the minute as i'm still in training. if it is then yeah i'll pop allong

Was one of the best days i've had in a while when we went.

Would be awesome having a day or 2 away down there.

Shall we make a list? And everybody input a date?

1 - Stu
2 -
3 -

Clio 172 Cup
Plenty ticket offers online to be found, am sure we can do better on ticket prices.

I will look into what discount my lass gets for NHS, they get everything else half price lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
if i still got my job i'm defo coming or even got myself some money saved up, havnt looked into this yet but how much we talking roughly for the 2 days?

Tickets, Booked in advanced are about £30, £40 on the day. Fuel - about £60-£70. Camping or hotel... Not too sure as i've not looked into it yet. But, if you've got a passenger, half the cost ;-)

*Edit- Just looked, and it's anywhere between £50 - £100 for 2 people in a hotel*

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
passenger sounds good to me tbh, hotel me good like on this sort of thing i want to be relaxed and not have to worry about getting the tent up

Well, the only reason i want to have an extra night there, is because when we went last time, a lad in our convoy was too tired and fell asleep at the wheel on the way home. I don't want to see, or have it happen to me so i'd rather spend a little bit extra and have a good nights sleep after the park.

Drive down on the day we decide, go to the theme park, head for hotel afterwards, chill out, maybe head for the bar. then wake up refreshed the next day ready for the trip home.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
sounds like a plan that, aye better safe than sorry like. i'd do that aswell i'd be tired too better off go for a hotel

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
not bothered, havnt got any holidays booked. As i said if i've got my job i'll be up for it or if i've save abit of cash defo up for it

172 cup
Too many pennies for me, as much as I love Alton towers my other holidays this year take priority :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'd like to share cost on petrol n even go halfs on a hotel? Got abit of spondoolie saved up but i don't want t go daft. I'm defo up for this. Can you get me a ticket Stu and i'll give you the money at the next meet?

I'll be with my Mrs, otherwise i'd have shared costs no problem at all.

You can get the tickets off the website mate, that's all i done. I'll talk to you on sunday no doubt anyway.