ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amateur mistake??!!

Renault Clio 1.2
Right guys, problem!: Im in the process of colour coding my silver mk2 ph1. I've been wet and drying all the side strips and bumpers for f**king ages. Now, just went to give all of them a good scrub to mkae sure they are all good ready for primer, and i found a scuff mark, on the body work just above some of the side strips.

I was wondering, how i c an remove the scuff. Its basically come about from me not taking enough bloody care and catching the wet and dry on the body work

has this happened to anyone else, and is there any way of polishing it out, (t-cut, car polish)

Please help, i wanna get side strips sprayed asap, hopefully ready for fcs.

Any help woudl be great.:) :)

Punto/Clio GTT
im guessing youve just been using P800/P1000 or P1200?

it will come out with a good rub with farecla G3 cutting compound

Punto/Clio GTT
ive always got it from my local paint supplier, but you can get it off ebay or on the net, leme just find a link to some

Renault Clio 1.2
brilliant, you're a legend. how does it work, do u get a clothe and rub it in, use it with water or what!
have u used it before??

Punto/Clio GTT
used it for years, ima paint sprayer/body repairer, worked in 6 different garages and in every garage this is the only stuff they use to polish cars with after they have been painted.

its best to be used with a machine polisher but its perfectly fine by hand and with some elbow grease.

just put some on a rag, rub it in, then keep rubbing n rubbing as hard as you like, you wont damage anything. then wipe it off with another cloth and ideally its best to give it a polish afterwards with something like autoglym polish, whatever you have really.

Punto/Clio GTT
that was my next question lol, save yourself alot of hassle by taking them off then having to mask out your doors and rear quarters