ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AMD retention plate

The Bus and MRT
... just been through the ball ache of moving my PC into a new case, finally sacking off the 5 year old water cooling and going back to air. It's taken me 3 hours then I went to put the new heatsink on and it requires an AMD retention plate (Brown piece of plastic that surounds the normal heatsink mount but screws through the mobo into a metal plate) the Mobo came with one 3 years ago but it was binned as I didn't need it..... anyone know where I can get a new one from? It's for a 939 AMD x2 btw..

Cheers

Revels Mum & Sister
Pretty sure we have some at work dude on some fucked motherboards

Send me a PM will try and dig one out for you

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
What didnt you like about the water cooling ? was thinking of switching to it for noise level reasons.

The Bus and MRT
My water cooling was 5 years old, I think I did it when I was 19.. it had a massive fountain pump on it and cooled my GPU and CPU both over which were overclocked obscenely and it was pretty damn quiet. These days it only cooled the CPU which was over clocked but not as much and never got hot even with the pump off, with the pump on it was stupidly loud, think the pump was playing up and it was just more hassle than it was worth as I couldn't access anything in my PC. So I've gone from this

Newcase.jpg

To this

WC.jpg

And I'm now much happier, easy access to everything, plus I've treated myself to a budget upgrade - case, AMD64 3000+ to an AMD 64 x2 4200 and and extra gig of ram... cost me 150 quid and should allow vista to not run like a complete turd.