ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amp suggestion

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
Hi,

ive just got a pioneer 3000w subwoofer, Dual 4 ohm, which im going to wire down to 2ohm into an amp, however i need an amp, and aint sure exactly what to go for.

Any suggestions for a mono amp? prefferably under £140?

Cheers....

vaux cavalier
I'm assuming the quoted 3k power handling is the peak BS figure, so going to guess at a rated 1kw rms power handling.....

To generate that kind of power within your budget and stick with new your looking at a JBL GTO 1201.1, which are becoming rather scarce now....(try e-bay shops)....

Another option at slightly more cash is the JBL GTO 14001e, these are currently fetching between 170 & 199 pounds each....

You could obviously search for a used amplifier, but this would depend on whats available within your budget....

I wouldn't consider any amplifier that has a rated output of below 700w rms into 2ohm....

JBL GTO 14001e

JBL GTO 7001e

KENWOOD

Hope you find what you need mate....

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
thanks alot dude, ive gone for the kenwood amplifier, 1800w.

Im now having trouble on wiring the 04 model clio up, any ideas on where to thread the cable from?

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Behind your glove box there is a rubber gromit, this is the easiest and best place to run the power wire, then its just a case of run it under the carpet to the back. For the rca and remote leads i took off the little plastic trims on the bottom of the drivers door and ran the wires back that way.

Worked easily enough prob takes around an hour max.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
ive just completed mine, i tried to run it through the passenger side bonnet lever grommet, but it was annoying me , especially in the bludy rain, so i just got me dads drill out and made a hole, much easier for me, and i tucked the cables under the passenger side trim, amp works perfectly, just waiting to connect my sub now which i havnt received :D

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
Just a quick question to you guys, what subwoofer do you think is the best around for a MAX of £100? i was thinking the Pioneer TS-W3001D4, what would you guys suggest?

vaux cavalier
Can't really answer that one mate, not without some parameters anyway....

Enclosure type & size???
Music tastes???
Available amplifier power???
Effect desired, (output, quality or a mix of both)???

The Pioneer one you mention does perform quite well in ported enclosures, but there are better available for similar or less money....