ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amping components New Clio

RB 182 FF

hi i have an 03 clio, but how do i get an amped signal to the speakers in the doors as tehre is nowhere to get a wire from in the car to in the door! i still have the challenge of getting 4 guage power wire from the battery into the boot, the bulkhead is proving a bit of a challenge, also i have run into problems when i bought some focal access 165 6.5 inch co-ax speakers as they are too big so should i mount these in the shelf any help would be much appreciated thanks

Nick

run your amp wires up to the head unit where you can pick up the speaker wires cut them off from the radio and connect them to your amp wires ! saves running wires through that plug in the door.

the best way to do it is to drill a hole in the skin of the car and the door, put in two grommets and then run the cable through that way

bryan

RB 182 FF

ok, thanx, i dont really wanna go drilling holes in the dorrs because this may void the warranty, but i know this is a grey area

what i did was, on the pasengerside, i removed the bonnet relase switch and put the drill bit through the whole that gave me to the exterior skin, this allowed me to drill a hole. then just run the cables up to the otherside of the grommet.

With the tweets i found the easiest wy was to remove the old ones, cut out the old pods, and remove the tweet grilles and sit the new tweets were the old grilles would have been.

For a pic look in my thread - nealry finished install.

Rorrie

RB 182 FF

thanx for the help? when taking the old 1s out do i need to use the new HPF thats supllied with the comps? or is the standard 1 ok?

HPF?? is that high pass filter? basically the crossover?? If so, fit the new crossover, if not what is a HPF?!?!?!

ROrrie

rite guys, Im gonna be completely honest with u but Ive been talkin with the lads from work (halfords - ripspeed cardiff) and between us we think that this is the best way to do it...oh and while Im here we should set up a how to guide on this and this always gets asked and the good information gets lost to those who dont know how to find it.

the new shape clios (2001 onwards) use a 13inch component setup up front. The 1inch tweeter fitted below the skin of the upper dashboard is daisey chained off the 13inch speakers connections just before the speakers wiring begins to pass through the multiplug setup into the door. This multiplug setup in the door prevents any new wiring being run through the door without the use of drilling.

If you wish to use a aftermarket component setup in the front we would suggest mountig the new crossovers supplied with the speakers in the boot of the car and then makin four new runs of speaker cable down the centre of the car (to avoid interference) (i.e. 2 runs for the midbass, 2 runs for the tweeters). Then disconnect ur headunit from the speaker ISO block and wire the 2 new runs of speaker cable (connected to the midbass output on ur new crossovers) into a female ISO block cut in half (i.e. so only the speaker ISO plug remains). This will then plug into the cars original ISO block without doing any damage to the cars wiring and transfer the signal from ur new runs of midbass cable through the cars existing wiring and into the doors.

phew thats the doors sorted.

Now remove the top half of the dashboard and disconnect the original tweets from their wiring. tape existin wiring up to prevent short circuits (remember because you have not cut this wire further down the loom it is still effectively connected to the midbass speaker apart from a in-line bass filter). now fit ur new supplied tweeters aimed under the cut-outs in the dashboard and run the two remaining runs of new speaker cable up the new tweeters and jobs a good un :)

rorrie - So what do you actually mean...

Just drill a hole into the door and a hole in the cockpit of the car and run the new cable that way? Can you not go thru the original plug if u wanna replace all wiring? Coz i dont wanna fob out on wiring, wanna replace all the speaker cabling if possible!

to get any decent sized cabling into the doors a drill is the only way to go

yep, drill through door skin and body (where door hinges) mount grommets in each of these holes, then feed the cable through

IMHO this is the best way to do it, but i know how much people like taking a drill to their lovely new car

oh, if you do it this way, i would advise a little clear silicon round the freshly drilled hole to keep it water tights and a little sound deadening on the inside of the car around the hole, just to stop any possible rattles

i dont mind taking a drill to bits that aint very obvious..... is it a pain to get to drill? and also, surely u must gotta leave some slack for when the car door opens n closes etc?

RB 182 FF

i took the option of running the amped wires to the back of the h/u and switched the outputs this has proved to be an effective way and sounds damn good!

il take some photos of what i did, i drilled 1 hole, in the body, then cut the grommet going into the door, fed the cable through that, and oh corse put a grommet in the whole that i drilled,

As for the power cable, I believe you can trim the existing bulkhead grommet and fit the power cable with the rest of the cables going through to the engine bay.

Clio 172 Ph2

Yeah its under where the bonnet release is. You cant miss it, its huge! Your alarm wires and the bonnet release cable should already be going through it.