ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amps Cut out

I have a Vibe set up, 2 amps which are bridged, and when I have my Volume over 12 after about 30 minutes of continuous play the amps cut out. the power just goes out to them. If I turn my head unit off for about a min, and turn it back on they will be fine for about another 10 minutes then do it again. If I leave them for an hour then it will be fine for another 30min etc.

The amps themselves are extremely hot as well so i think it may be that. Can anyone help how to overcome this as I know noone else who has had this problem with these amps.

Thanks.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Are the amps getting airflow to them - this sounds like the classic symptom of overheat protection to me. Most amps have a light that switches on to tell you they are in protection mode though :confused:.

I would aim a fan right at them (you can get 12v car fans) and see if it still happens. If this is your problem, you need to get along to your ICE shop and get a fan you can install permanently.

Hope this helps you.

Laurence.

Hi ..D..

Need more info... What ohmage are you running the subs/amps at and what are the ohmage rating of your subs/amps? How many subs? What power rating are the subs and amps (RMS)? What rating is your in-line fuse? What gauge is the power and earth cable? How long is your earth lead and is the power cable fused within 18 inches of the battery. Where are the amps located and do they have adequate ventilation? Lots of questions, but need a better idea of your set-up.

Dno

Quote: Originally posted by DirtyDiesel on 26 August 2003

check your earth

Reason being is that if the connection is poor, the earth wire and the earthing point will heat up, increasing the resistance and eventually causing your amps to cut out