ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

And its goodbye from me!

2002 Clio 172
I'm sad as I have to get rid of my 172 clio. It popped a spark plug the other day and has been 'repaired' to keep it going, but no guarantee it will last as the thread had almost all gone from the head. Also need to get a family car as its getting harder to lift the baby and car seat out of the back!! Four years of fun was had. So goodbye all and keep enjoying your cars. I may be back if I can afford a newer model in the future.....?! :(

pimp mobile Zafira
Bad times mate. But you need to do what feels right. Any thoughts about the next car?

Golf GTD Mk7
get some locktite on that thread ;) Shame mate, but I can understand that clios aren't practical with babies/children.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
get some locktite on that thread ;) Shame mate, but I can understand that clios aren't practical with babies/children.
Seriously?

The Clio can probably transport bigger items than my dad's mondeo saloon could!Clio's are epic machines for fitting stuff in!

The mechanics fair enough but you don't need an 8 dorr car for one baby. I've had a Clio and 3 Pumas in the time i've had Milly never been an issue.

Golf GTD Mk7
true, but it's not much good for your back leaning in with a child. That's the ONLY draw back for me.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
3 door cars are stastically better for your back than 5 doors when placing a child into the car seat. Something about the angle.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
seriously :S can't see how that's possible.
I know but the angle that you back will be at is meant to better! I heard this even before I had a child.

My brother actually has 2 boys and he said he'd never own a 5 door car! 2/3 door ftw! The day I get a Picasso is the day I give up on life! ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
I know but the angle that you back will be at is meant to better! I heard this even before I had a child.

My brother actually has 2 boys and he said he'd never own a 5 door car! 2/3 door ftw! The day I THINK OF GETTING a Picasso is the day I give up on life! ;)

;)

2002 Clio 172
It has locktite on at the mo! guy at the garage said it could last 5 miles or 50.000. No guarantees! I dare not thrash it in case it pops again!

2002 Clio 172
Thanks for that. Looks like a good repair system! Didn't know you could do that. Just one question. Where does all the swarf go from tapping out the hole? Surely that will end up damaging the piston and housing?
Why carn't you just get the spark plug thats come out just get it time serted its a permanent fix ?? i dont see the issue why would you write a car off over that ??

Here's a video if you haven't seen the process before, anyone can do the repair very simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLVDb0xcvMo&feature=related

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
helicoil = as good as new........we use them in work.

I wouldn't use a true "Heli-Coil" on a spark plug as it is wire and will unwind itself the next time the plugs are changed in one of two directions. "Time Serts" or "Tappex" inserts are commonly confused as "heli-coils" though they're not the same. They are a much better product that offer a more permanent solution. You deffo want to remove the head though to ensure no swarf gets in to damage the bores or valve seats though I've seen it done without removing the cylinder head and tapping the cylinder whilst its at TDC.