ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android RunTime - Who's Using It?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't do it until you've got the 4.4.2 update. But if you have go into settings then about phone.

In there keep tapping on the build number till it says "you are now a developer".

Now go back into settings and you'll see developer options is now there. About 4 down is "select runtime" choose ART and let the device reboot, update all your apps and away you go.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just done this now on my N5.

Battery has been pretty good so far though on it, hopefully it will get better. (Have averaged 75% over 18 hours with fair usage)

Waited until I had the 4.4.2 update. Went to that from 4.4 last night. Seems to be taking a while to optimize the apps though.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Mine took around 5 minutes to optimize 114 apps.

Same here.

Camera is loads quicker since .2 and speaker volume is better too. Not noticed much change since switching to ART though? Can't comment on battery life though really as I'm hammering my phone at the minute

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Just got 4.4.2 and it still won't let me use what's app on ART. Do I need to go back to the old one and install then turn ART back on?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I swapped back this morning.
Was having issues yesterday. Kept going in and out of signal (but that might not be due to this)
This morning it decided to turn off on its own and when turned back on, was 14 hours ahead but in October. And I kept getting a watsap error message.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
What version of android were you on? I'm on 4.4.2 and it's been perfect since. When on 4.4.0 it was a little glitchy. I have however noticed my phone rebooting a few times randomly

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Well this is the error I get running android 4.4.2

uzuvu2yz.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
That's strange. That said I already had WhatsApp installed prior to the change over.

If you've got a spare 20 mins you c could try going back to Dalvik and then install WhatsApp before swapping back over to ART.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I already had watsap installed but didn't change over to ART until I had the 4.4.2 update.

I'll probably uninstall watsap later and go back to ART then reinstall it to see if it's any better.

Noticed battery wasn't as good either yesterday.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
What phone do you all have?

I have a HTC One X but I'm still running on this:
utazagu8.jpg

Just checked and there are no updates to be found. Why aren't I on 4.4.2?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
That's strange. That said I already had WhatsApp installed prior to the change over.

If you've got a spare 20 mins you c could try going back to Dalvik and then install WhatsApp before swapping back over to ART.

I'll give that a go now then. I'll be back!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've tried the above and it still doesn't work and comes up with the same unknown error.. Email sent to the developer.

I now have the answer. Apparently if you tried and failed with ART before it updated to 4.4.2 then the only way is to reset the phone or root in order to get to the directories.

CBA with either of them really.. I'll see how I feel tonight!

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It's strange then as I only tried it once I had the 4.4.2 update.

Dan... You'll may have to wait a while for the update. I've got a Nexus 5 and only had it the other night.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Dan, I don't think the HTC One X will ever get the update over the air.

As it's a few years old now and a few versions behind.

Should be able to root and install manually though, can someone confirm that is possible...

2014 Focus Titanium
What phone do you all have?

I have a HTC One X but I'm still running on this:
utazagu8.jpg

Just checked and there are no updates to be found. Why aren't I on 4.4.2?

You won't get the 4.4.x update for months mate, just the way it is with HTCs, Samsungs, etc. The only way to get these updates this quickly is with Nexus devices.