ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Angel eye problem...

Went out in my car earlier and i put the angel eye sidelights on as usual (if its poor visability) and I noticed the dash didnt light up as it normally does. I checked the sidelights and it seems the halo around the bulb is not lighting up..so i changed the fuse and the dash lights up now but the halo still doesnt light up. When I went out to try and fix it I have noticed that the 2 halos on one side and 1 on the other are not lighting up now.
Any ideas? and why would this affect the otherside??

Clio Dynamique
yer ive got the ktec angel eyes and the sidelights on one side have stopped working now and i really cant figure out what is wrong with it the headlights all work just the angel eye rings on one side dont work

now its dark..I noticed that it is only on one side..but both of them are out.
Spoke to sombody at essex racing and they say you can buy replacements....but I think I will have another look at the fuses as why would both be out on one side.

Clio Mk2 1.2 Dynamique
Pinky same things happened with mine I think theres a resistor in the bulb fitment that goes, and this may also make the other light fail. The bulb unit is small and fits in at the bottom of the halo ring so no need to remove the whole ring, apparently you can get replacements (which i havnt got yet by the way), but the really tricky bit appears to be how to fit them in. Even if you take the headlight unit off the car it looks fiddly to impossible. Luckily Ive kept my old headlights so will have a go this weekend, and if its hopeless swap them back over.

LY 182
i've got a set with the same problem you can have cheap if you want to try swapping/changing bulbs?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
now its dark..I noticed that it is only on one side..but both of them are out.
Spoke to sombody at essex racing and they say you can buy replacements....but I think I will have another look at the fuses as why would both be out on one side.

did you buy the angel eyes from essex racing??

i had a set from essex racing,

same thing happened,

badly made trife is sold in that shop,

i ended up unplugging both the angel eyes and sticking bulbs in the top cluster,

and they both go out because theyre on the same circuit,
theyre just really really badly made tbh

Clio Mk2 1.2 Dynamique
Got mine from Ultimate Styling the guy there said if they have a grommit about the size of a 50 pence piece at the back ok they can be sorted, but if they have a small grommit say the size of the end of a pencil, then your fooked.

Not bad for £140.

E92 M3
does that mean ya can get brighter blubs for the halo as you can hardy see mine when the headlight is on but there is another clio round mine with the same type in and his are bright as fuk and can clearly see them when the headlight is on

i would just take them back mine came with a years warrenty

Pinky same things happened with mine I think theres a resistor in the bulb fitment that goes, and this may also make the other light fail. The bulb unit is small and fits in at the bottom of the halo ring so no need to remove the whole ring, apparently you can get replacements (which i havnt got yet by the way), but the really tricky bit appears to be how to fit them in. Even if you take the headlight unit off the car it looks fiddly to impossible. Luckily Ive kept my old headlights so will have a go this weekend, and if its hopeless swap them back over.

gonna have to look into it..sent an e-mail to the peeps I got them of but they havent replied yet.:dapprove:

did you buy the angel eyes from essex racing??

i had a set from essex racing,

same thing happened,

badly made trife is sold in that shop,

i ended up unplugging both the angel eyes and sticking bulbs in the top cluster,

and they both go out because theyre on the same circuit,
theyre just really really badly made tbh

nope not essex racing.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Every car i've ever taken in with angel/lexus/aftermarket lights has a fault of some description.

They must be made in some dodgy 3rd world sweat shop because the build quality is piss poor.

Clio Mk2 1.2 Dynamique
Conclusion is theyre expensive Crap.............Dont waste your money on them, and if you do, dont throw your old standard ones away, as youll be re fitting them sooner than you think.

Also keep in mind to change them you have to.

1. jack up the car

2. remove the front wheels

3. remove part of the inner wheel arches

4. un plug fog lights

5. remove grill

6. remove front bumper

7. each light unit

8. remove high low beam controller from each light unit

9. fit high low beam unit to new crap lights

10. attempt to fit new crap lights to car.

11. replace bumper

12. re connect fog lights

13. replace grill

14. replace inner wheel arch

15. refit wheels

16. re connect lights

17. lower car to ground

18. align lights

Job done.....Oh and do it again every time a halo bulb goes......If your lucky enough to have the right size access grommit in the back............you guessed it folks I havn't.
I have to cut a hole in the back of the light to try and with draw the offending bulb with some long nose pliers order the replacement bulb try some how to refit it and then re seal the light unit where I gained access.

I repeat DONT buy these lights.

Clio Mk2 1.2 Dynamique
Theyre driving me round the effin bend, but I admit when they were working I did like them. So Pinky how did you get on with yours? did seller return your e-mail.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Conclusion is theyre expensive Crap.............Dont waste your money on them, and if you do, dont throw your old standard ones away, as youll be re fitting them sooner than you think.

Also keep in mind to change them you have to.

1. jack up the car

2. remove the front wheels

3. remove part of the inner wheel arches

4. un plug fog lights

5. remove grill

6. remove front bumper

7. each light unit

8. remove high low beam controller from each light unit

9. fit high low beam unit to new crap lights

10. attempt to fit new crap lights to car.

11. replace bumper

12. re connect fog lights

13. replace grill

14. replace inner wheel arch

15. refit wheels

16. re connect lights

17. lower car to ground

18. align lights

Job done.....Oh and do it again every time a halo bulb goes......If your lucky enough to have the right size access grommit in the back............you guessed it folks I havn't.
I have to cut a hole in the back of the light to try and with draw the offending bulb with some long nose pliers order the replacement bulb try some how to refit it and then re seal the light unit where I gained access.

I repeat DONT buy these lights.

+1^^:D

i found out the hard way about these lights too

Theyre driving me round the effin bend, but I admit when they were working I did like them. So Pinky how did you get on with yours? did seller return your e-mail.

nope he still not got back to me:mad: over a week now. Do you think it would be easier to replace the whole halo...as you can get them of flee bay for £15.