ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying Lighs

R56 JCW
Guys, keep getting the below lights coming on, I know my rear pads are really down but its constantly doing my head in.

Also when I start the car jst the service and traction light stays on

DSC00090.jpg

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
The ABS warning light shouldn't be related to the thickness of the pads. That could be a fault.
The traction control warning light and service light came on in Clare's a while back and it went back to Renault 5 times. Renault claimed that it was her driving (????) but the lights mysteriously went out after the 5th trip.

Get it checked out. How long have they all been on for?

Mental 172 Cup
i had an abs sensor go down on my dynamique! the abs light came on and the serv light will be on because the service light came on! check your abs sensors for continuity all round and check the abs rings also!

hope this helps! :D

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
It's a 'Driver Not-Right Warning'...

It means that the Driver is Not-Right.

I'm surprised it didn't come on shortly after you bought the car.... ;)

M

mini-valver

Brake pedal sensor. Behind the pedal theres a wiring plug and switch, take em off and clean the connections. Unhook the battery for a bit, put it all back together and it should be right. If not, you'll need a new switch.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Strange, I have exactly the same problem on mine recently, lights came on twice in a week. Be very interested to know how to sort it too.

You think its a dodgy switch then Dave ?

Sorry for thread Hijack Nick ;)

M

mini-valver

Nick has plugged his into RSTuner after I said about the brake pedal switch and Brake information switch came up. I'm 99% sure that's what it is.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Nice one Dave cheers for the Info mate, so fair to say nothing major to worry about right now then ?

Looks like a brake pedal switch. Think they're around £25 quid. If you turn the car off/on do the lights temporarily go out?

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Yes Jeremy, have to turn car off then restart it all lights go out.

Mines been fine for two days then on the way home tonight "bing" my three favorite lights come on again.

I will have a look at the switch as per Daves instructions at the weekend.