ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another acoustic valve question

mini cooper (RIP 172)
can you take the acoustic valve off without taking off the wheel?

if so how?

and how do u get the arch liner off?

thanks

Trophy #267
not without getting really annoyed and losing most of your skin on your knuckles. Liner is removed by pulling (gently) 2x plastic clips which clip intot he bodywork and undoing the 2 torx screws which attach to the edge of the wing

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
just done mine not ten minutes ago. those round plastic things were invented by the devil himself :mad: if you value your sanity youll just rip the tops of them off and replace them with new ones!!

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i guesed those round plastic thigs just pulled out but was not sure!

so looks like i'll ave to take the wheel off:rolleyes: so i'll need to get a jack:eek:

mini cooper (RIP 172)
what and risk scraching a wheel:quiet:

yer thing i might do that, my wheels are gettin re done soon anyway, so if it does go tits up.......

Clio 172 mk2
You'll need to get some new liner plugs as they get fooked when you wrench them off with long nose pliers.

Da

Less
CAF to the airbox leave the acoustic valve in situ. :)

Out of interest did anyone feel a difference with it removed? I did so reconnected it all!

pug 106 rallye S2
mine seemed to pull harder from low revs.. possibly all in my head but hey it works for me... sounds a bit nicer too..
easy job took me ten mins inc cleaning all the liner etc (just had to do other side then doh
plastic clips come out and go back easy enough...