ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ANOTHER clio on grids :-/

Mk1 16v
Ok so I had iv been a member for years but never a paid up member , so I bit the bullet and signed up properly. Was looking for a fun/economical'ish daily as my main hobby is drifting and the Sport ticked all the boxes. Bought it looking like this ,

ea77bb67.jpg

Decent, honest base car. Standard bar a Ktec stealth,powder coated wheels with suspicious centres and a 4x4 ride height. Plan from the start has been stance with no extra camber (hate big camber on clios)
Also I didn't want to follow aaaall the clios iv seem dropping a wheels size so stuck with 16" with a sensible stretch using 195/45's. Here are the results..

Before roll/pull/flare

2322c69d.jpg

c210fa6f.jpg

After
c35ee71d.jpg

feb396f4.jpg

Absolute pain in the arse lol, 5mm slip on's all round, plus rear arch grind/re-locate front and rear bumper brackets/modify s**t guards/massive 1" flare and roll on the rear. Also had to modify the front inner arches slightly to get Lows. My own fault for choosing to be different with a 16x8 et20(now et15 with spacers) but after 29houra graft there on with no scrubbing :)

039d247f.jpg

8be62d09.jpg

163f3b87.jpg

Il try and get some better pictures but light was fading fast by the time I was done , opinions good and bad always welcome :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
seen these wheels on another clio and was not a fan at all, but on this they look quite cool. just the rears that i cant get my head around! does look funky though, fair play.

BMW 330ci
Looks good, I would get a new plate for the front, preferably a 3/4 one, only thing that spoils it. Apart from that I think it looks great.

Probably one of the few clios that looks alright with these wheels on mainly because of the arch work making them fit better. Only things thats bugging me atm is the actually amount of people buying these wheels, there must be at least 7 clios recently fitting the exact same wheel. Would be nice to see someone fit some decent/different non rep wheels for a change.

Mk1 16v
Probably one of the few clios that looks alright with these wheels on mainly because of the arch work making them fit better. Only things thats bugging me atm is the actually amount of people buying these wheels, there must be at least 7 clios recently fitting the exact same wheel. Would be nice to see someone fit some decent/different non rep wheels for a change.

I was looking for a set if Schmidt modern lines tbh, whenever I loom on here there another car rocking grid v's or drifts. Don't want to be a sheep so I'm relying more on the fitment and stance than the actual style. Also I don't think iv seen anybody with the 16x8's (I k ow its only a inch either way but still different....ish lol)

Mk1 16v
*sorry for all the random words and bad grammar, looked back at it before and my iPhone has changed ALLSORTS!

For the record I'm not a 17 year old lad who is in love with the colour orange and Ken Block stickers :)

Mk1 16v
Brilliant stuff, can I ask how much do they cost and how does it affect the handling?

Handlings ok now, spent alot of time making sure there's loads of clearance after me and stu tried to get some new pictures .... And it scrubbed it's tits off lol.could do with some new dohnuts on the front but it's good enough for now. As for price, that's a secret :)

Iv got a pal that works at Revolution and I got them for a good price,

Mk1 16v
Here's some fresh pics courtesy of Stu 'lad :)

_MG_8082.jpg

_MG_8060.jpg

_MG_8074.jpg

_MG_8079.jpg

Need to try and find a cup spoiler,stubby ariel and smooth a few bits... Then probably a colour change as it will only cost me in paint. Nothing OTT, something dark .... Opinions ?

Audi A5
Handlings ok now, spent alot of time making sure there's loads of clearance after me and stu tried to get some new pictures .... And it scrubbed it's tits off lol.could do with some new dohnuts on the front but it's good enough for now. As for price, that's a secret :)

Iv got a pal that works at Revolution and I got them for a good price,

secret, no fair :rasp: ok let me ask you what do they do for?

these alloy's are really growing on me if i get another 1*2 (probably will lol) i'll seriously be considering these. also i reckon you should spray your bullet's gold to match the wheels...

1eight2
That looks epic! I'd consider colouring the 2.0 16v badge on the trim in the same colour as the grids.