ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Decat thread

Fiesta ST-3
Is it really worth it?

Like really? I've just had my Ron 98 map put on and love it but I got no decent noise from the car.

I'm first going to get an unsilenced centre section as I have a silencer in the mid section.

But does it really improve things getting a Decat? I'm trying to extract as much power before getting throttle bodies.

Scott

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I've just had a silenced decat fitted to mine, it seems to pull a bit better. Could just be placebo effect though.

It's got rid of the 5k flatspot it would seem though and thats without it being mapped.

Clio Trophy
i have a high flow cat and no center box, not had it on rolling road, so not sure on gains, but it sounds awsome

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Mine also has no centre box and only 1 backbox. Its a 2.5 inch custom exhaust. Fairly loud though.

Looking into changing mine to a fancy baffle system where its quiet pottering around and then loud on full throttle.

turbo 182
Ive had mid section silencer chop and decat and the 5k kick dosn't feel as strong as it did before decat and silencer chop, also feels as if ive lost a little low down grunt aswell :( but sounds alot better up the top end of the rev band

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I didnt notice any performance gains but it did make mine a fair bit louder, but imo it sounds better now.

Ive got a custom exhaust with only the back box remaining.