ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another dodgy seat question

On my car I have the oddest front seats ever.

Passenger see will lift forward as per usual usage but will not slide on the rails when lifted forward you have to lift up the sliding handle to move it so passengers can get in

Now the drivers on the other hand when you lift it forward it slides on the rails HOW EVER! Wont lock back into its previous place when you sit in it slides all the way back on the rails (making that rasping/clicking noise) only when it stops you can lift the sliding handle and bring it back to driving position if you dont let it go all the way back then adjust it when you accelerate you slide back (bad experiance) but its hard to slide all the way back when you have a passenger behind you who will get squished.

Anyone any ideas what might be wrong? Could I remove the seats and fix the mechanism do you think?

I have been fiddling with my passenger seat for the past few weeks (found a few guides on here) and have given up just short of taking the thing out to have a look underneath. My slide and tilt is buggered so any advice would be great if you find out the fix...

My drivers seat did what yours did, managed to fix it by chance I think. Just tilted it forwards again and slammed it back (was getting pissed off) and it seemed to fix it, been alright since. Probs wont help but worth a try.

172 Flame Red '53
My seats are playing up the passenger one is really stiff hoping when I get a chance that greasing it up will help, but the my drivers seat starts squeaking every now and then and I have to move it to stop it squeaking. Irritates me any one got a similar problem and a way of fixing it?