ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another week to repair my car?

following on from - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235218

they gave me a completed repair date of today, 26th june, after it had gone in for repair on the 12th.

its UK Assistance in salford, who i thought would be good as its such a big place, and they do alot of repair jobs. I never got a call from them this morning, so i phoned them, got through to some lad who put me on hold while he went and checked if the car would be ready today... i got cut off.

about 30 seconds later i get a call off them on my mobile, from a girl this time...saying we've had a problem with getting the required parts for your car.

they have gone off the chassis number, and ordered an original rear bumper; whereas i put a 172 back bumper on at the start of june. I knew this might happen, so i made sure the man collecting the car wrote it on the damage sheet, and that the part number for the bumper could be sourced on the inside of the bumper.

when they rang me to give me an expected repair date after it being assessed, i mentioned it a couple more times and they said yes we have seen it on the sheet it wont be a problem.

so the girl this morning told me they had got the wrong bumper, even though id told them numerous times, and it will be up to a week for them to source the parts and get it fitted to the car :(

now, should i leave it and wait, or ring back and go off on one about the length of time its taking them? If i do get it back in a week, which i doubt from the way the company seems to be run...il only have a week until fcs :( and thats if the cars right when i recieve it :(

...even worse, im gona have the sh*tty corsa for another fooking week :mad:

cheers if anyone has any comments as to what i should do :approve:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
wait it out fella, then make sure you inspect it fully obviously

what did they have to replace?

Its a pain in the arse, but giving them s**t wont make them go any faster!

Pop down there, find out whos in charge, ask him when its ready, tell him you need it for a show next weekend and say theres a case of beer in it for them if its ready. For the sake of a tenner it might get you your car back a bit quicker.

boot floor, rear bumper, boot lid etc...

...they ordered the back bumper off the chassis number so obv. its not going to be a 172 one....even though i mentioned it was a different bumper about 10 times to them :(

good idea revels. Go down and speak with the manager. Explain whats happened and that you told them about the bumper before hand.

When you get it back give them that non alcoholic s**t for been so slack.

lol.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Is it through the insurance? If so give the insurance a ring and get them to chase it up... I had the same problems when mine was in the garage, They wouldn't listen to me because no matter how upset I got they knew the insurance company would still pay them the money. I complained to the insurance and it was ready a couple of days later.

M

mini-valver

Hard luck mate, just wait it out. It's a b*****d but theres more important things in life to get pissy with someone over waiting a week. It'll be back soon enough, fixed and good as new......

Sorry to hear this mate, hope you get it sorted and it comes back in the same condition it was before the bump. Meanwhile give the Corsa death.

Lotus Elise 111R
I say don't rush them or they will cut corners! A week is better to wait, than it arriving and you having to send it back as it is'nt perfect.

VX220 Turbo
Dont rush them as it'll only mean your repair will get rushed and not be of a high quality.

depending on what the body shop has done and car colour etc my main piece of advice is not to look on panel joins for a colour match but stand back from the car as a lot of bodyshops spray into the next panel and then laquer the whole side to avoid any paint mismatches.

well....since this morning...ive found out that everything has been repaired, inc the wrong back bumper being fitted...and they only noticed upon final inspection....

i then asked had you found out how long it will take you to get the right bumper, they said at least 14 days...so thats FCS out the window practically....

im gona have to see what i can find out or do tommorow....its gone from being another week to over 2 weeks now....even more pi**ed off!

Chocolate Bar™
have you declared the bumper through your insurance company? if you havent then you havent got a chance in hell of getting it replaced.

if you have then they should sort it. takes them 2-3 days to get it off renault and no longer than a few days to get it painted and fitted, so they're clearly just arsing you around.

yep its declared............

even though....i didnt go through my insurance....i went straight through his.....they said we need to find out what bumper it is (even though i provided them with the part number 2 weeks ago and that it was from a 172) then we can order it....but knowing them they will just mess around like you said...

..im going up there tommorow on my way past to see what they have to say for themselves.

Chocolate Bar™
i had this... his insurance company will still need confirmation from your insurance company to say that you declared the bumper as it costs more than your original one. so its alot of paperwork then the bodyshop will have other work one. so looks unlikely you'll have it back.

hmmmmm........seems a bit of a joke this :(

how much is a standard dynamique bumper from renault approx would you say?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
well....since this morning...ive found out that everything has been repaired, inc the wrong back bumper being fitted...and they only noticed upon final inspection....

i then asked had you found out how long it will take you to get the right bumper, they said at least 14 days...so thats FCS out the window practically....

im gona have to see what i can find out or do tommorow....its gone from being another week to over 2 weeks now....even more pi**ed off!
2 weeks for a bumper!?! Get on the phone and start shouting mate thats just taking the p*ss, get the part no. and provide it to the bodyshop and they'll be able to get it and fit it in 3-4 days max! Failing that take it to Wellington Garage on Bolton Road near me, ask for a guy named Rob he'll sort you out no problems.

Last edited:
gotta try and phone them AGAIN in a second, after phoning this morning and getting put on hold, then cut off. if i get cut off again il be goin up there...

have done.....seems to be sorted and moved along cutting out the 14 days, as the manager said to me in all honesty we take 7-10 days to complete the paperwork....he did it there and then, ordered the bumper and it was there this afternoon...... hopefully have it back in a few days :)

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
have done.....seems to be sorted and moved along cutting out the 14 days, as the manager said to me in all honesty we take 7-10 days to complete the paperwork....he did it there and then, ordered the bumper and it was there this afternoon...... hopefully have it back in a few days :)
Good news then hope you get it back asap

Mustang, S13, AX GT
wahey, so it'll be ready for FCS

maybe lowest mk2 based on sill height....front bumper wise no way...the sports win it hand down as the bumper is longer!

once again, theyve been fu*king me around......telling me the exact same today as they did last thursday and friday....'oh your cars just waiting to be quality control checked and inspected, then you can pick it up'.....blah blah and a bit more bullsh*t........

IMO theyre taking me round in circles with excuses, pretty much a joke tbh. they told me on friday it would be definately ready today, and that they would call me first thing....i had no call and had to call them, and all i got was the same message about quality control.

whats everyones opinion on what i should do now?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Turn up on their doorstep and tell them you will QC it yourself there and then. Any issues can then be spotted and sorted. That should get things moving and you will know the exact situation with the car.

few people have said this to me. might go up there now and not bother waiting for them to call me before the time they said this morning.

Ex Ph-Quick
anyone for a CS QC meet?

but in all seriousness just go check it yourself mate. If you know anyone who's a paint expert take them aswell good luck

well ive just had a call from them....saying quality control are not happy with the paint work thats been done, so theyre stripping it down tommorow and its going back into the paint shop....FU*K ME, 3 weeks and they still get it wrong..... no idea how long its going to be now!

Ex Ph-Quick
well ive just had a call from them....saying quality control are not happy with the paint work thats been done, so theyre stripping it down tommorow and its going back into the paint shop....FU*K ME, 3 weeks and they still get it wrong..... no idea how long its going to be now!

what that means is the works not been done but we might do it tomorrow

VX220 Turbo

what that means is the works not been done but we might do it tomorrow

yup sounds like they've not done it, bumper should of been qc inspected before fitting

i went up there at 9am today....had a moan....and found they were just giving me excuses so it seems. It had been completed and checked, and i drove it away an hour later. jokers!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
f*****s! I hope you made a note of the mileage before you took her in, wouldn't put it passed them to have given her a test drive or two.

only 2 miles more on the clock :)

just been looking under the arches with the rear wheels off and there has been some serious welding...alot more than i expected....seems they have put a whole new boot floor in right upto the back of the rear seats....oh well at least its sorted and its got a brand new 172 rear bumper on it :)