ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anti surge baffle plates.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well 4k suspension slicks (not list 1Bs) and a couple of championships. Still no issues with surge so don't think that's the best analogy.

Assuming you have been using yours at places like Gerrards like James does, then that would indeed point to there not being a problem.

People just have to compare like with like thats all.

In all seriousness there are so many factors but if engine healthy, oil pump good and right oil levels there should be an issue.

Any yet its so common for these F4R engines to spin the centre main even with all those things in place?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Assuming you have been using yours at places like Gerrards like James does, then that would indeed point to there not being a problem.

People just have to compare like with like thats all.

Any yet its so common for these F4R engines to spin the centre main even with all those things in place?

I have been told by many that the std F4R crank is very poor and doesnt take much to bend out of tolerance, car will still run OK and only have a marginal decrease in power (Not really noticable) but will put extra load on the center bearings and increase the likelyhood of spinning a bearing. Steve at SWR said it used to be a common problem on cup racers. Thats why i have stayed with and F7 engine as they are soo much more reliable and robust with the same hp per mod tunablity.

He says with a thrust washer in the sump............:eek:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I have been told by many that the std F4R crank is very poor and doesnt take much to bend out of tolerance, car will still run OK and only have a marginal decrease in power (Not really noticable) but will put extra load on the center bearings and increase the likelyhood of spinning a bearing. Steve at SWR said it used to be a common problem on cup racers. Thats why i have stayed with and F7 engine as they are soo much more reliable and robust with the same hp per mod tunablity.

He says with a thrust washer in the sump............:eek:

Is the f7r crank really any better? been a while since I built one but I cant really say as I remember much difference between the cranks in the two engines.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Is the f7r crank really any better? been a while since I built one but I cant really say as I remember much difference between the cranks in the two engines.

Personally not compared side by side and compare material etc but im sure that is as everyone has said the same thing. Steve at SWR mentioned it also and said problem wise they were chalk and cheese.