ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anti-theft flap- up or down

this may sound minor but i do worry alot about weather i am better leaving the flap down panel down over my stereo or not, reason being i have still got the standard balupunk in there (bless it) bit i am very concious of thiefs, whats better leave it up and show the naff worhtless stereo, or put it down and suggest there might be somthing better underthere, the problem is i worry that in dim light and a brain soaked in scag might mis-take it for a decent stereo and cause £s of damage getting in.
what does everyone else do???

lofty

172 Cup

Leave it up. That way they know its fairly inexpensive (no offense intended). If its down they dont know if its worth £10 or £1000. Bet they would risk it to find out though.

Griff

is your just a standard looking 172 from the outside? especialy the stereo, i.e uprated speakers on display? point i am trying to make is modded cars can be assumed often to have uprated stereo, but standard cars, the only indicatiob would be the flap dowm, and therefore i will from now on leave it up. also by the way i know my stereo is sh*te and wouldnt mind losing it, but the £100s of pounds of damage they cause getting in to the car i am worried about and have suffered with previous cars.

lofty

BMW 320d Sport

WIth a standard stereo go for up. Has it got a tape player? If so even better, leave a couple of tapes lying around on the dashboard and no-ones gonna want that head unit - youd have to pay people to take it! :)

the stereo was stolen from my standard 1.4RT (£500 stereo), i was unlucky in that 5 cars in a row were done , just happened to park in the wrong place.