ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Clio electrical wizards in this area?

As some may know, I'm having problems with the Clio.

My hazard problem has started up again, where they keep flashing. I have disconnected the alarm this time to check to see whether that is still the cause, but they still keep flashing.
Also I am unable to get my satnav screen to turn on... I've had the dash off, checked the wiring and my bro's had the unit to pieces to check that all the circuitry is ok.

Is there anybody in this area that knows his/her way around a clio's electrics, or can you recommend someone who can help?

I don't really fancy paying ridiculous amounts to get this problem sorted though, hence why I'm asking if anyone knows their stuff lol. Beer tokens for anyone who can get to the bottom of the issue ;)

Any help would be awesome though, thanks!

Paul.

BMW M135i
Have tried disconnecting the hazard light switch yes? (obvious one I know just asking). Will have a look at the diagrams when I get chance satnav wise but otherwise hazards is possibly the UCH if the wiring side is ok.

Have tried disconnecting the hazard light switch yes? (obvious one I know just asking). Will have a look at the diagrams when I get chance satnav wise but otherwise hazards is possibly the UCH if the wiring side is ok.

Yup, thats the first thing I did. Replaced the switch with a brand new one!

I think it will end up being the UCH :S going to cost a bomb to fix if it is!
But I've been told that the satnav unit isn't controlled by the UCH at all so it's confusing me, as the problem occurred soon after my hazards started going flip diddy.

Is there a fuse anywhere fir the satnav unit?

Any help or info would be great matey.

Fred@BTM

Transport your shed to him, pay monies, recieve working Clio. In that order pretty much.
He can't program UCH's though can he?
If it is the UCH that is faulty, then I thought that it was Renault that had to replace it (or risk it and send it off to BBA Reman).
If he can sort the problem though, then I'll be getting myself booked in asap lol.

Tried Fred and he said he could have a look but probably wouldn't be able to solve the problem as he's not an auto electrician.
He did say though, if it isn't the alarm, nor the button, it will most likely be the UCH :(.

Looks like I'm probably going to be off to Renault... Yey!

BMW M135i
There are two fuses on the satnav side of things, one for the disc unit in the boot and another for the computer that lives under the drivers seat which in turn feeds the screen too.

F7 which is marked up with a picture of a radio and should be 15A is feeding the disc unit and several other things.
F29 which is marked up with a picture of a light and should be 20A thats whats feeding the computer and screen.

Check everythings plugged up under the seats could've been kicked/knocked out by moving the seat or someone getting in the back etc, otherwise its time to start poking about with a meter to see how far the power gets.

It's just the satnav btw that has gone, not the stereo, cd changer or the cd thing in the boot.

I've checked those two fuses, and both are fine. Is the satnav unit the thing underneath the drivers seat? Everything seems to be plugged in, but may have to have it out

Just had quotes for a new UCH from my local Renault stealers...

Renault Nottingham: £370 (Inc. Part, fitting, programming and diagnostic) - even if it did take them about 15mins to work out what a UCH is lol
Renault Ilkeston: £370 (Inc. Part, fitting, programming and diagnostic)
Renault Mansfield: £550 which includes just the part, fitting and programming... Would be an extra £50 for diagnostic. Thanks for that!

Obviously I'd have the diagnostic first, so that if it turns out that after a new UCH is fitted, the problem still occurs, renault said that they would charge for the part and put the old one back in. But if I just say fit a new UCH and it still has these problems, they won't give any refund.