ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Renault Service Advisors on here? (Career Advice)

Clive the Clio no. 2
Hi,

Im getting a bit bored of my job, and i fancy getting a job at my local renault as a service advisor, there is a vacancy.

i know it might sound like a wrong career move, but there are some main reasons to why.

1. Doing a job which i would like to do, discount on parts and cars e.t.c
2. Just around the corner from me, so i can walk there. (petrol too expensive)
3. I need some sales experience for my future career (Financial Advisor)

Can somebody give me any help on how to fill out the application form, so i have a better chance at interview as i have no direct experience in this area.

can somebody tell me what is the job like? the money? the variety in the job role?

Mods, if this is in the wrong section then please move!

Thanks guys

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If you take this job you will need two things

1.Ear plugs
2.A shovel

The ear plugs so you dont have to listen to the shiite that sales people talk and the shovel to shovel the shite that the salesman has spoken off the floor.

Good luck, this advice is free btw

Clive the Clio no. 2
If you take this job you will need two things

1.Ear plugs
2.A shovel

The ear plugs so you dont have to listen to the shiite that sales people talk and the shovel to shovel the s**te that the salesman has spoken off the floor.

Good luck, this advice is free btw

Excellent Advice Danny, I think you should become a careers advisor!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
lol, well i do try.

I dont think the moneys great mate and the aggrivation that comes with the job it doesnt level up, my older brother done a simillar job with arnold clark for 4 years in the service/parts dept and it was nothing but non-stop grief!

As for variety, i would say the variety in this job is the diffrent people screaming at you as to why there shiit wagon of a car isnt ready, and how when they booked it in it "definatley didnt have the scratch there when i gave you it bullshiit..."

As for experience? diffrent jobs build charcter, ive had about 7 jobs since i left school, im a ferry driver now lol, soon to be train driver, suppose variety is the good spice of life!

I guess that for others it went something like this,
Turn up to the interview.

interviwer 'so what do you know about our cars'
interviewee - not much
interviewer, that's great, you've got the job.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
What do you do at the moment?

I started out cleaning the cars on a Renault dealers forecourt and then became a service advisor.

It is a great job for gaining experience in the motortrade and self confidence as I was really shy before.

Money has got better, however will depend on dealer/area but I believe our service advisors are on £20k p/a with a bonus if the department hits its target. (a lot more than I earned 5 years ago!)

I would suggest you simply appear smart, tell them your keen to progress within the dealership and be helpful if the dealer has an open weekend/sales event.

Good Luck

Clive the Clio no. 2
Im an accountant at the moment! Lol.

I know its a complete step in the other direction,

but its something ive always fancied doing!

The biggest reward is knowing that i can actually talk to customers truthfully, actually knowing what im talking about. It is a small dealer, so maybe the money isnt great, but it will be only for a year or so,

Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
I work in the motor trade and there is no way I would work as a service advisor.
They are generally on s**t money and take abuse from ignorant customers all day who are pissed off that their car has broken and will be costing them money, don't get me wrong not all customers are like that but the motor trade has a bad rep so a lot of them think you are trying to rip them off constantly.
More money and better hours in accounting, I would stick with that

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I worked at a dealership for 7 years and NO f**king WAY ON GODS GREEN EARTH would i be a service advisor.

f**k that.

s**t money, bad product and deal with angry public.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I thought about moving away from being a techy to a service advisor in our dealership. but after thinking about it i couldnt deal with the hassle of deallign with the idiot customers or telling ppl lies of why there car isnt done etc.
so stuck with being a techy.