ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any thoughts on the best air feed on our track 172?

172 5HED
Its running the an Espace box (I think, two air inlets) and we have moved the battery so its nearly straight but at the min its got no feed.

Two main ideas, we have no fogs so we could get some duct to there? Or remove the passenger side light to get a load into the bay that way?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Passanger side light sounds best to me. Could maybe try butchering an old light to see if you could get a pipe through 1? Then use fog light holes for brake ducts.

Lionel Richie
heat in the bay isn't really an issue with a track car moving at 80+mph (on average)

the "best" pick up area for air is where the ABS pump sits from what i've found

172 5HED
heat in the bay isn't really an issue with a track car moving at 80+mph (on average)

the "best" pick up area for air is where the ABS pump sits from what i've found

Fair one mate. If its negligable I will prob leave it. Taking it down to TDF for a map soon as its not mapped for the inlets or exhaust so i think time and money invested in that will prove more useful ;)

ph1 172, berlingo
as above tried lots of back to back testing on the rollers with air ducts none of it made any difference

Lionel Richie
yeah rolling road testing stuf like that is a bit "unrealistic"

no fan is going to replicated real world conditions, dyno in a wind tunnel would be cool!

Discounted 1*2 parts
i never noticed any difference with CAF's on my old 172 and 182

the airbox with 2 inlets is a standard ph1 box - the espace v6 box has one large inlet