ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any videography/video production guys on here?

182 Cup/V70 D5
Just wondering if there's anyone else out there really... Spent 8 years working on live events (mainly conferences but also product launches, gala dinners etc.) so have had my fair share of working with different tech and seeing it from event planning through to audience participation..

Start of December '14 I quit my job after working 250-300 hours per month with no overtime (50 hours on duty in 3 days was my record, noon wednesday to half midnight on Friday). Anywho, decided I needed to do what makes me happy..........

Video Production. Got a DSL-R with various lenses (fish eye 8mm, 10-22, 18-35 f1.8, 50mm f1.8, 70-300mm, 18-55mm), Panasonic gh4 with 12-35mm lens... it can record 4K video or full 1080p HD at 96 fps = slow motion like a boss.

also have a glide track, crane, tripod and fluid head, as well as Final Cut Pro X and just bought/learning Apple Motion in the last few days..

Anyone else out there? Wanna share your work or maybe have a few ideas you wanna discuss? Just wondered :)

182 Cup/V70 D5
haha sounds like a man who knows his cameras.... I was a bit dubious about the 4/3rds sensor size and mirrorless setup but it's been a really awesome bit of kit. The slow-mo video is absolutely amazing............. and the 4k video down sampled to 1080 looks so, so sharp. You had chance to use one yet?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'd love the hardware that you have especially the glide track.

Until that day I just make do with a GoPro and Serif MoviePlus...it has its limitations but for the basic car stuff I tend to do it's enough.

Any samples of your work?

182 Cup/V70 D5
Just finished a short 30 second edit for a chef who provides private dining and also for a salon in Knaresborough... I'll post links in a sec. Also been learning Apple Motion - it is POWERFUL.... massive learning curve but crikey it'll be worth it. I did a test on some motion tracking titles the other day - first two are boring flat non-animated ones which just fade in and out... the second two (michelin and team dynamics logos) I animated in Motion.. The test footage isn't anything spectacular - shot on iPhone 6 - was just so I could quickly capture something to learn with.

182 Cup/V70 D5
Cheers guys, it's been a huge leap of faith sacking off the horrifically stressful day job but video jobs are slowly coming in.. Just gunning after a few more local businesses and brides to be. Happy to offer videography services to any businesses owners on here for a favourable CS rate :) based in York but happy to travel (note to mods, please let me know if this infringes the spam/seller rules and I'll happily remove).

182 Cup/V70 D5
helps if I put the public version up and not the private version for the bride and groom I suppose! Ignore the one above...

Swift Sport
Can't really fault that dude, it's neat, clear and simple.

Here's my effort with a Canon SX50 bridge camera and Windows Movie Maker (lol)

Poor I know, but it didn't take long and the budget was minimal.

182 Cup/V70 D5
mate that's a great effort, I know a lot of "all the gear, no idea" lads who are constantly buying the latest greatest most expensive camera or mac or PC editing station, or yet another plug-in etc. and they never ever seem to be shooting or editing. Keep up the great work man, apparently premiere cs6 is meant to be a bit more user friendly these days and there's tonnes of tutorials on the net for free. Just worth a thought if you're fancying doing more video stuff and don't wanna commit to apple for the likes of Final Cut :)

Swift Sport
Cheers, Paul... I just enjoy it same as I enjoy taking photos, and I'll be making another video soon. My mates love watching the videos back and it's a cool way of capturing memories, instead of the likes of Facebook and Instagram.

I'd love all the proper gear and know-how, but I think if I made more effort it wouldn't be as much fun as banging a few clips together like I do a the moment.

Maybe one day!