ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any1 Driven a 172 & a 182

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Its close enough for it to be determined by driver skill. End of.

100% true.

Suspension changes over time are miniscule in the whole scheme of things. Power output of the engines is also widely variable.

A good 172 will pull away from a 182.

A good 182 will pull away from a 172.

So yes, it all comes down to the driver's ability, and how much they're willing to push the performance envelope and/or abuse their car.

(nothing pulls away from a 172 Cup though - the end)

BMW F21 125d
Ive owned a 172 and 182 FF.
Speed wise, nothing noticable.
Handling wise, the 182FF is far beter and lets you carry more speed out of a corner/roundabout, so i suppose looking at it from that angle, the 182 would be quicker.....
Economy 182 is worse than 172.

3 x Renaults + Lexus
I can only find this ref

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Clio_Renault_Sport

172 -100 (km/h) 7.2
182 -100 (km/h) 7.1
197 -100 (km/h) 6.9

I dont know 50-100 and all other figs but the 182 is quicker to 100km/h

So these are offical figures not "gut feelings" and "own opinions" or "mods"

Answer is the 182 is quicker than the 172 0-100 can you "feel the diffence"...LOL who can tell 0.1 seconds

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
my 182 feels faster than the 172 did and the handling is better than the 172 was but id prefer i stealth exhaust for mine

Renault Sport Clio 172
I've driven a std 172 and my mate's std 182. Acceleration is pretty similar. But in cornering the 182 is a lot better with LSD.

White clique
i've owned both, the first and only thing i really noticed was the better exhaust note from the 182. Performance wise i couldnt tell.

106 GTi
Biggest difference I could notice seemed to be down to the tyres, 182 on 205's felt over tyred compared to the 172 on 195's. Cup pack suspension on the 182 did feel a bit more composed than the normal 172.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I've driven both. Couldn't tell the difference between the two.
Never driven a cup though, but the general concensus is that they're quicker - which you'd expect since they weigh less.
I think it depends on the cars. Some will be faster standard than others, etc...

what??? the 182 is ahead the whole time??

ffs are you serious, it takes 20 seconds of acceleration for the 182 to even get ahead (ie back of the 182 level with front of 172) at this point i estimate their speed to be around 120mph(basing this on setting off in second gear), its takes a futher 10 secs to pull out what i would call a lead/being ahead.... :rolleyes:

i've had two now, bottom line is they vary from car to car and how agressive individual drivers are with their gearchanges

end of

Status
Not open for further replies.