ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone 18 with 172? How much for insurance roughly?

clio 1.4 petrol
looking into buying 172 next month cause my insurance is due for renewal in july so ill have 1 years no claims. Anyone suggest any gd insurance companies to begin my searching. Or post anyone elses prices wat they pay for around the same. thnx

clio 172 (2002), bandit.
looking at bout 1.8K with bell with sumone very old as named driver. i used my 82 yr old nan. goes down to 1.2K after 2 yrs tho.

this should help with your search

main.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
2 grand might even be 2.5k. I'm 22 had a crash (non fault) so had no no claims and the cheapest quote ic ould get was 3k before puttign my mum and the girlfriend on the policy

Clio DCi 65
Lmao!!! That is one hell of an escess!!

Was thinking about doing this myself but thinks i am going to look into Hyundai Coupe 1.6 until bit older for the insurance!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
im 20 just insured my 172 with bell 2 years no claims mum and dad on policy £1400 for 10 months. Ill be 21 when it ends so should be cheaper.

182BG
i paid £1k on my dads when i was 20, said to myself i would never pay over a grand on insurance. 23 now and was paying 780 on my 182 :)

clio 182
im 20 just insured my 172 with bell 2 years no claims mum and dad on policy £1400 for 10 months. Ill be 21 when it ends so should be cheaper.

Don’t count on it, had my renewal through last month even though a year older 24 and now have five years no claims it still went up about £300 that was with Tesco. Changed to Direct Line, paying about the same as I was last year £1300 fully comp with protected no claims.

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
Aged 20, got the car just after my bday. In my name it's £1800 with elephant. Fully comp + no lies!

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
i got mine when i was 17 .. im payin 2400 third party fire and theft named driver .. sucks hey?

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
1 years ncb at 18 wont mean jack on a 172.

better off waiting till your 21.. ph2 172s will be 3 -4 grand to buy, plus insurance at that age will be about 1.5k

at 18 looking at 3k imo.

172 Cup (Iceberg)
Crikey some people pay a hell of a lot for insurance don't they!? No wonder you never see a poor insurance salesman!

Clio 182
yeah, I'd wait a bit - its nice to have a nice car when you're 18, but I could never justify paying half as much as the car!

I'm 21 and mine is £800 with 3 years ncb (and I'm in the '6 point club') so it's much cheaper to wait!