ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone derby area - headlight correction

ph2 172
saw a thread yesterday about headlight correction gave it a whirl today started off 800grit w&d etc etc then went to buff up with drill attachment and its s**t it flew off after a while so i gave up and ive just left it dull, had enough, so is there anybody around derby who can machine polish my headlights for me? obviously monies is involved. just drop me a pm.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
lol y'know what? I tried exactly the same thing today!

Let me know too.

It's A Reno
saw a thread yesterday about headlight correction gave it a whirl today started off 800grit w&d etc etc then went to buff up with drill attachment and its s**t it flew off after a while so i gave up and ive just left it dull, had enough, so is there anybody around derby who can machine polish my headlights for me? obviously monies is involved. just drop me a pm.

I think you're needing something a lot finer than 800 mate, then SRP it again. You've got to do 95+% of the work done before putting the polisher on it.
Is the polisher totally clean and were you applying only very light pressure?

ph2 172
i started off with 800 then went to 1200 then 1500 and as soon as i tried to buff it up the drill mop thing fd up so i gave up, but if anyone wants to sort this and perhaps give my car a full machine mop to get rid of some other scratches im willing to pay.

It's A Reno
i started off with 800 then went to 1200 then 1500 and as soon as i tried to buff it up the drill mop thing fd up so i gave up, but if anyone wants to sort this and perhaps give my car a full machine mop to get rid of some other scratches im willing to pay.

Gotcha. Those drill things are shite.