ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone done rear top mounts for the 172/182

182 inside
just wondering if anyone has got hold of superflex/powerflex to make up some rear top mount bushes for the clio 172/182.

email sent to them;)

182 inside
I've posted off a single rear shock mount bush for them to measure and hopefully make them. no idea on prices but 'under developement' with cheif designer as soon as the sample arrives.

182 inside
i need a number of people who are interested in purchasing these mounts before they will make them up.

can we start a list please:

1)graham_172

200sx S14a
Ive always been under the impression that although superflex/powerflex make good stiffer bushes, they dont last as long as OEM?

Rs monaco 172 mk2
wats the whole point of these rear mounts..
how do i know if i need to change them.. wat kind of symptoms
cheers

LY 182
cant really see an awful lot of point in this as on a rear beam setup the shocks dont provide any support to the suspension set up like the fronts do.

TVR Cerbera
cant really see an awful lot of point in this as on a rear beam setup the shocks dont provide any support to the suspension set up like the fronts do.

The front rubber ones are for springs and dampers, the rear are just dampers....correct. however what controls the rate of compression and rebound of the spring....the dampers. so i believe they have a lot to do with the handling. are you getting confused with a rear strut brace?

Daz

TVR Cerbera
Hang on a minute, doesn't the rear damper have a rubber in the bottom of it that the bolt goes through?

If so then there will be little point in replacing the top one without the bottom one too?

Daz

LY 182

The front rubber ones are for springs and dampers, the rear are just dampers....correct. however what controls the rate of compression and rebound of the spring....the dampers. so i believe they have a lot to do with the handling. are you getting confused with a rear strut brace?

Daz
no im not getting confused, if you throw a car in to a corner the forces that act on the inside front wheel are trying to push what ever they are in that direction to the middle of the car - and the thing that gives the most in the front is the top mounts
and obviously the front suspension legs support the top of the hub so any flex there will affect camber/castor.
getting rid of flex there is going to be a worthwhile improvement

where as with the rear the hubs are supported completely by the beam so the shocks arent supporting anything.
i see what you are saying about the compression rate but i cant see the bush thats on it at the moment making any noticable difference at all in that alone

TVR Cerbera

Daz
no im not getting confused, if you throw a car in to a corner the forces that act on the inside front wheel are trying to push what ever they are in that direction to the middle of the car - and the thing that gives the most in the front is the top mounts
and obviously the front suspension legs support the top of the hub so any flex there will affect camber/castor.
getting rid of flex there is going to be a worthwhile improvement

where as with the rear the hubs are supported completely by the beam so the shocks arent supporting anything.
i see what you are saying about the compression rate but i cant see the bush thats on it at the moment making any noticable difference at all in that alone

i agree with the support bit, all i am saying is the reason why you would want to change the rubber bits are their compression/ expansion are an unknown and a decent damper has set variables that are known to get the best out of the dampers without the unknown bit.

i hope that makes some sense cos i'm nearly confusing myself lol!