ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone ever left Vodafone?

I have just rang Voda for my PAC code as I am coming to the end of my contract and expected them to try and offer me some deals. So I request it and all I get is an "ok you'll get it within 48 hours." - Expected more of a fight! Have they always been like this?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on your custom I guess. When I left Vodafone (I went over to O2 as I wanted a iPhone) they offered me quite a good deal to stay with them TBH!

Depends on your custom I guess. When I left Vodafone (I went over to O2 as I wanted a iPhone) they offered me quite a good deal to stay with them TBH!

Well I have been paying £40 for the past 18 months, never missed a payment etc. Orange tried everything to keep me a couple of years back.

275 Trophy
I asked Vodafone for a better deal at the end of my contract, questioning that it should pay to be loyal surely? Now with Orange; go figure.

Do you go over your bill, or just pay what your ment to?

Paying on time is what your ment to do anyway so that wont make any difference, as does the £40.

Yeah I will sometimes go over either abroad internet/0800 calls/picture messages - But whatever the bill it is paid on the same date every month by DD. Im hoping some retentions team call me back offering some silly deals

Just had retentions ring me -

offered me sim only - £10 p/m, 300 mins, unlimited internet and texts (12 month).

Or with a Blackberry Bold 9780 - 300 min, 500 text, £25.54 on an 18 month.

Told them I was going to go with GiffGaff - 150 mins, unlimited text and internet with no contract to get those offers. Going to push for £5 sim only and accept at 7.50 I reckon.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You'll get the worst deal on the planet next year, just go to giffgaff.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm ugrading soon on Vodafone Tom, iPhone 4 will be the upgrade, any tips?

Other than don't?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No I never got it, I just knew that's what he'd say. ;)

How close will the 4 price drop be to the 5 being released? I don't want to wait another 2 months after the 5 is released to upgrade, that'll be like 5 months after my upgrade was due!

I haz an oldz BB.

No I never got it, I just knew that's what he'd say. ;)

How close will the 4 price drop be to the 5 being released? I don't want to wait another 2 months after the 5 is released to upgrade, that'll be like 5 months after my upgrade was due!

I haz an oldz BB.

It'll be on the day

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The "dont upgrade yet point" is the end of Jan through to June. If anyone buys an iPhone during this time they are mental or minted.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm the latter.

I'll speak to Vodafone and find out the exact upgrade date.

Am I right in saying the monthly contract price goes down but the price of the Phone remains?

The phone price will probably come down but the contract price will stay the same.

The 3GS effectively went up when the 4 came out. Launch price of a 3GS was £440 for a 16GB. It's now £428 for a 8GB.

Just wait and get a 5.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The high cost of the 5 on contract is something i'm not sure I fancy, may change my mind when it actually comes out.

So the phone would go from £240 on a £35 per month contract to maybe £169 on a £35 month contract.

Kev, if you want a 4, buy mine in June. One contract runs out this year, the other next year, both ready for iPhones 5 and 6. Shame.

HI BEN ;) x p.s you have an unrelated PM mate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You shall be kept in mind.

EXchange ones SV brush for iPhone 7?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
:eek:

Oh dear, should I start thinking of excuses just now?

I can't remember how many times I used the words "expensive" or "detailing supplies" on the return address ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol!

I look forward to seeing the look on her face./

Just an update if anyone cares -

Got a call back and got offered a BB Bold 9780 - £25 pm, unlimted texts, 300 mins on 18 month
or sim free £10 p/m 300 mins, unlimited net and texts for 12 months.

Rejected both, now keep getting calls from different teams askin why etc - starting to do my nut in.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Whats the best course of action to get a good deal fellas?

Wait until they ring you after your contract ends or ring them a few days before its finishing to say you want to move to someone else due to X deal or Y deal can they match it etc?

If i want to get a 4 (wont be able to afford the unit cost of a 5) is it still best to wait until the 5 come's out?

Ta

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
02 never said anything to me when i left few weeks back, just ok.

Also tesco £10= 500 mins, unlimited texts and ulimited data on 30 day contract FTW.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
There's no guarantee the price of the 4 will go down.

Technically the 3GS went up when the 4 came out.

Ah, well i'll just get the 4 when i can then!

Gonna just ring them and say i've found a much better deal with someone else can they try and match it! See what happens, been with the c***s (Orange) since i was about 16!