ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone fancy a new lens :)

pmsl, I got a Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AF-S for my Birthday yesterday and I thought that was big, this just takes the piss.

M

mij29

Is that for real?
It must be heavy as foook!
It dwarfs the camera, can only use that with a t-pod surley.

172 Cup
Pfft.. That's not a lens.. THIS is a lens!

stl_top_med.jpg

This new telephoto lens comes to us from the: "because we can" department. Lens manufacturer Carl Zeiss has just made one of the world's largest telephoto lenses -- it's so big in fact, that you nearly need a construction crane to lift it up. Weighing in at 256 kg (564 lb.), this monstrosity of a lens has a focal length of 1700mm (over 5.5 feet!), a speed of f/4, and has 21x magnification

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Pfft.. That's not a lens.. THIS is a lens!

stl_top_med.jpg

This new telephoto lens comes to us from the: "because we can" department. Lens manufacturer Carl Zeiss has just made one of the world's largest telephoto lenses -- it's so big in fact, that you nearly need a construction crane to lift it up. Weighing in at 256 kg (564 lb.), this monstrosity of a lens has a focal length of 1700mm (over 5.5 feet!), a speed of f/4, and has 21x magnification

i have seen this lens in real life!!! its f**king huge! thats a medium format body on the back of it!