ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone for a crash

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Has anyone noticed how much less the tread there is on the rear tyres compared to the front.. if the lad was used to different handling characteristics, and 'possibly' a little less experienced than some.. its hardly suprising the back end has stepped out a bit.

We've all done silly things in our cars beore.. he got unlucky. A lesson learnt hopefully. Wasn't there trade guidlines brought out a couple of years ago about either the front or rear of any car having the greater tread? E.g... Car has worn tyres on the front, good on rear... gets the worn tyres replaced, but the new ones are fitted to the rear and the good rear ones fitted to the front.... i'm sure I remember seeing a write up somewhere and chatting to a workshop manager.

Hope you manage to get paid out sooner rather than later and get a replacement for it fella.

C

Cupster

If it has to happen, might as well make a proper job of it!! Gutting none the less!

you can have little grip at the front and deal with it as you are constantly steering those wheels. with no grip at the rear there is nothing you can do, no control.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Gutted :(

Although this backs up the 'never ever ever, put more worn tyres on the rear of a car, you will oversteer, you wil run out of talent, you will crash'

LOLz my TT currently has part worn Wanlni's (Bought by last owner) on the front and shagged Eagle F1's on the back. I class the shagged F1's as better than the Wanlni's lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
LOLz my TT currently has part worn Wanlni's (Bought by last owner) on the front and shagged Eagle F1's on the back. I class the shagged F1's as better than the Wanlni's lol

Jesus H Christ Wanli tyres are bad, they shouldnt be aloud to make tyres.

There made from recycled dogs and used condoms

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Jesus H Christ Wanli tyres are bad, they shouldnt be aloud to make tyres.

There made from recycled dogs and used condoms

LOL true.

Makes driving it a laugh though.

Oversteer understeer wombling free!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ha ha ^^^ you come out with some class comments

on the otherhand gutted about the car done a cracking job tho