ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone from southampton?

Renault Clio 16v
im from southampton, sholing , although you wont see my car because its off the road for some reason or another lol:dapprove:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Blimey there's loads of you!

Hopefully we can get a few more people at our next meet (TBA!), would be good to beat our 21 car record for a local meet :D

Clio 182
Fletch, nope its YT05 ***. I have seen quite a few around but no one seems to wave :( but had a bit of a race with a silver one a while ago near fareham.

Clio Trophy
yep. soton here too...waterside to be precise, the only Trophy down these parts...next nearest one i know is you guys at cahndlers ford...

good to see so many about though...mind you, i've come from a scoob, and these 182 drivers don't seem so friendly to wave or flash.....heeesh, you're all too restrained....!!!!! ; )

Si

silver cup packed FF 182
ive seen 1 trophy driving round southampton and that was a bird driving it which had a trophy associated private plate linked to the name of the car itself.

Black Gold Clio 182
Our 'Bitterne based' full fat 182 Black Gold reg starts with LB04, it'll either be the wife (her car) or me driving (when I get my hands on it!!)

Stef

silver cup packed FF 182
gotta be few owners on here who have bought sports from inchape renualt in town as they've allways seemed to of selled theres pretty quick.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
That sounds like my car to me (T2* PHY). Although to my knowledge there's never been a bird driving it :eek:

shaun_cliosport said:
ive seen 1 trophy driving round southampton and that was a bird driving it which had a trophy associated private plate linked to the name of the car itself.

Black Gold Clio 182
shaun_cliosport said:
gotta be few owners on here who have bought sports from inchape renualt in town as they've allways seemed to of selled theres pretty quick.

We got ours from Inchcape in July last year, swapped our 1.4 Dynamique + in on it, should have done it years ago!!

Stef

Clio 182
Before I got my 182 I test drove one at inchcape in southampton, but when it came to buying one i went for JamJar cars as Inchcape was just way too expensive - they wouldnt drop below 13k.

silver cup packed FF 182
i swear i saw a lady driving the trophy at the time lol,and for mateys 182 clio i did remember seeing it up inchape one night in january before it had its for sale in the windows,how much did you get it for in the end?

Alrite shaun! Yea im from southampton way so hello all!

Got my 2002 iceberg 172 from Inchcape late Nov 05.

Never going to use them...ever again! Bunch of low life lying, caniving, money grabbing, uncaring...idiots! And thats ref. the general manager Giles, and the no.1 salesman Andy. :)

Thankfully, no probs with the actual car...just they way they go about their business. Typical SHARKS.

Last edited:
  Clio Trophy
yeah know woat u mean about inchcape, i've never liked them since YEARS ago when they tried to tell me the computer knew which car i wanted more than i did....?!?!?!!

bougth the Trophy from Leicester of all places...but well worth the trip...

Si

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I've always used Liningtons in Portsmouth to buy and service my cars until they closed and Seward took over.

Now i'm a Rentech customer :D

Meg 225 with cup packs.
Gotta say when i bought mine from Inchcape their service to us was brilliant. The car went in after one week with a leaky headlight washer and a week later it went in for the engine mounts. They fixed both problems no questions asked and my missus took it in both times as well.

Rest assured though, as soon as the warranty runs out i'll be a Rentech customer.:D
Actually talking of Rentech, does anyone know how much they charge for an oil and filter change if i'm supplying the oil. I want to do mine every six months a year is too long with the same oil in the 182 isn't it?

Meg 225 with cup packs.
shaun_cliosport said:
kool so yeah i think i did see your clio up inchape in january then lol,looked sweet

More than likely was mine. They had a Black Gold 182 there as well but i plumped for the Titanium because it was newer and had less miles on it, only downside was it didn't have the cup packs but i'm not too bothered.:mad:

silver cup packed FF 182
it did have the anchratite(however you spell it) alloys on though didnt it? i saw the black one but it had to many miles on it(21,000) but thought the price was bit to high due to the milage!

Meg 225 with cup packs.
No, never had the anthracite on mine. Mine didn't even go on the forecourt, i test drove and bought it as soon as they took delivery of it. Obviously after they had serviced and valeted it.:approve:

Black Gold Clio 182
Our Clio was one of an identical pair that come down from London in July last year, they were owned by two brothers apparently, ours was showroom condition with 4800 miles on the clock, not bad for 12 months old! Can't remember what we paid now, certainly wasn't anywhere near the windscreen price, due to the messing around we had trying to order a brand new 1.4 Dynamique in black! Finally we were told they no longer had any at the factory, so we settled on this 12 month old 182. Smart move!!

Stef

Fletch know its a common prob but why did you have the mounts replaced? what was your actual prob with the car?

Im not gonna go on about inchcape, if you choose to go there, very best of luck. im no 'fussy' 'stuck up' or nit picking person...just expected good service, good advice etc.

Rentech for all non warrany issues.

If you must use a dealer then I've found Simpkins/Chandler's Ford Renault to be half decent.