ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got this drying towel?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've got the very similar yellow version and it seems good enough tbh.

If there's a better one available I'd go for it though, because it always annoys me having to wipe over a lot of times and makes me wish I'd forked out for a more expensive one!

Yes I have one, never really rated it tbh.

I use a dodo juice SN big white fluffy towel. 10x better but 4 times the price. Still as good as new after 1&1/2 years.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They're pants tbh. I got rid of mine not long after I bought it. They are the cheapest on the market for a reason. Waffle weave shouldn't used to dry paintwork imo, wa to rough from my experience.

Wooly Mammoth or the uber drying towel are the only 2 i'd consider these days for really safe drying.

F56 MINI Cooper S
what are pants, the ones I linked or the megs waffle one?

Reviews on the ones i've linked pls

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I really don't like waffle weave drying towels on paintwork. They seem super harsh, there is zero pile on them hence causing damage.

It's estimate drying causes in some cases more damage than washing. Not a problem if you're polishing afterwards.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Do you rate the Uber yellow one or the blue one i've linked. my paintwork has been scratched to fcuk by something, and i put it down to the drying towel as its very rough

RS6 C7
Sounds daft but asda do huge drying towels for £2 , I had used an i4d one before but the asda one had an extremely deep pile and is great to use.

Der Wunders were demoted to arches after one wash. They should only be used for pat drying after sheeting - any movement in the drying process and you'll cause marring.

Go with the options Gally has mentioned. No more reviews necessary.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Dont know what people are on about tbh, the i4d blue towel is megga soft and holds loads of water, what more do you want for £6.95?

Dont know what people are on about tbh, the i4d blue towel is megga soft and holds loads of water, what more do you want for £6.95?

Opinions chap. And I'd rather spend £12 on a towel that doesn't mark my paint. All personal preferences.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The Uber one is fantastic, feel like a super soft bath towel tbh.

Great towel if a tad on the small side mate.

Perfect for me as I don't like them too big. I can imagine myself dragging the mammoth one on the floor lol.

clio sport
Arh ok then maybe I need to invest in a Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel and get rid of the waffle weave!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Perfect for me as I don't like them too big. I can imagine myself dragging the mammoth one on the floor lol.

Lols. They aren't too big. I love the towel feel to the PB one.

Arh ok then maybe I need to invest in a Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel and get rid of the waffle weave!

Definitely.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Ye all i've ever used is the megs waffle one, because i buy them from halfords off the shelves. thought about washing it with some comfort to soften it up abit wonder if it would improve it