ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone in Doncaster free before Friday?

I need a hand swapping my engine out for a replacement, so need someone with a free day...

will cover petrol and promise to re-imburse them for their time with ample beer monies in 2 weeks time when I receive some money I am due (we can agree a price once we sort a day etc)

In Dire need of this help really as the engine will be delivered to mine on Sunday and needs to be fitted by Thursday at the latest (will do oil, gearbox oil and filters at same time but I am more than handy enough)...

Really you will be a second pair of hands/eyes/ears etc and will be provided with tea/coffee regularly :)

Anyone free or interested please pm me your number ASAP, I won't be paying you peanuts for the time/work, it will just be about a week/2 weeks for guaranteed 'easy' money

Aaaaaaaaaand then?

I have the engine hoist etc sorted mate, its just uncoupling mine from the gearbox, manifold, wiring, and mounts, lifting it out, putting the new one in its place, re-connecting everything, and filling up all the relevant fluids

with some profanities in between... lol

It would be very much appreciated Greg and as I said mate, I'll provide cuppas, fuel money, and pay you a decent amount for a days work

I'm sure you never have money, Spinks. Take it to a garage if you're in a rush.

I did on payday (just gone, but paid for my bumper, some headlights, a couple of new mounts etc that the car needed, then the car crapped its engine yesterday :( )

and tbh mate, usual case that as soon as I get paid it goes on repairs

I cant get it to a garage mate, the engine is being delivered to my parents house and the car is sat at my parents house where it got parked up dead :/

I do get my student loan in about 2 weeks, its just that I am not amazingly well paid and wont be until I get full time hours after I finish uni this year

I have the engine hoist etc sorted mate, its just uncoupling mine from the gearbox, manifold, wiring, and mounts, lifting it out, putting the new one in its place, re-connecting everything, and filling up all the relevant fluids

It would be very much appreciated Greg and as I said mate, I'll provide cuppas, fuel money, and pay you a decent amount for a days work

I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm useless with engines.

I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm useless with engines.

If you were free Sunday/Monday my step-dad (ex-mechanic) will be around to advise us (would get him to do it but he knackered the cruciate (sp?) ligament in his knee and has only recently had it operated on...)

If not its cool mate, I'll hold out in the hopes someone else can help or if not I'll fit it on my own with my step-dad watching

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Have you done any similar work before?

If not you really need someone who has to help you.

Have you done any similar work before?

If not you really need someone who has to help you.

I've done bits and bobs around the engine mate, replaced the driveshaft recently, serviced it before, I was going to be changing the engine mounts anyway

I have just never fully dis-connected an engine...

Hopefully someone more in the know than me will be available, if not I will have to leave it until I have the money to get a mechanic out to me :/

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

Have you seen how the monkeys in Halfords operate? Big gamble asking him lol

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Haha, have you not got people to be ripping off for BCP's?

BCPs are a bargain! Myself and Jezzamac know what we're doing around a bicycle! As shown in the latest Newsflash despite a missing hacksaw on the wall LOL

FF Black 182
Me and 2 mates replaced my'n in a pub car park on my fiesta zs, engine out to new engine running in 10 hours.