ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone Insured with Markerstudy (Sky Insurance)?

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Just had a really good quote from Sky for £640 which is only £7.00 over what I paid Bell last year and £70 cheaper than my next cheapest quote (admiral) this year.

Markerstudy are offering more than my fully comp with Bell including protected no claims and protected against uninsured driver damage.

However, I have seen some bad reviews (like all companies) on the net, so as Sky do a lot of stuff through here, has anyone had to deal with Markerstudy before and what were they like to deal with/claims?

Cheers.

330i. E30 Touring.
They were fine, imo. Best part about it was the guys in the office there.

Good with adding mods/changing cars. I would use again if the price was right.

LY R26 #288
i need to get a quote from sky, but i got a quote from greenlight the other day and it was 2 or 3 hundred cheaper than the cheapest quote on comparison sites, just an idea for you

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
considering my car isn't modded (apart from as standard, Dynamique alloys etc) I don't think Greenlight will insure me.

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
I know someone who is having a bad experiance with markerstudy but that didnt put me off going through sky, they were cheaper than the comparison sites and they are very good when it comes to changing cars ect.

MR2 Mk1.5
However, I have seen some bad reviews (like all companies) on the net, so as Sky do a lot of stuff through here, has anyone had to deal with Markerstudy before and what were they like to deal with/claims?

Cheers.

I'm glad you have the intelligence to take the reviews with a pinch of salt.. some people read them and take them as gospel.

We may be able to look for an alternative underwriter though, feel free to PM me your details and I can check this for you.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

More than happy with Sky, they were easily the cheapest last renewal. However I've changed my policy to the Derv Audi A3 since so not sure how competitive they'll be for such a common, standard car when I renew.

In fact that reminds me... my renewal is due soon and haven't heard anything :S

yes they are S**T

ok just to let you all know SKY sucks the big one, they may be cheap but that's it + Chris Knott are cheaper + good CS

the story is i had a prang in the snow last Xmas sky sent me to National accident rapper i mean repair, quote was given for new front and rear bummers + washer bottle, no less than a month and 10 calls laeter sky atherised the work at a cost to them of £900ish oh and billed me on day one for £400ex + £100 for 3points on my other wise clean licence that the DVLA removed mid policy term!

work took 3 weeks, then came back missing the front sub fame cross brace you know the one that stops the front end spiting in a crash! + the water bottle washers had not been connected so i could not get it mot'ed also the front bumper had dents in the paint from wear Stevie Wonder did not sand it back before spraying the lacker was hazy with swirls and the fittings had split from forcing. the back bumper was held on with zip ties, and had the same crap spray job + the fog light and number plate light did not work oh and they hammered the rear wheel arch to bumper mounting point but didn't seal or paint it after "so as you can guess rust shot up the in minuets..

so i kicked off, 2 months later they sent out a independent chap out that found no less then 16 faults with there work including the as he put it F***ing deadly lack of a sub-frame brace! 2 months later agene the car went back in.

so 5 months in at this point my sky cover ended and even though the car was still not fixed or road worthy they sent me a renewal increasing my premium from £500 to £1050
although to be fare that was for an s2000 which i needed to buy as i had no car for 5 months! even though they just needed £70 to change from a dc2 to s2k at the time.

so 6 months in and the car came back with a sub-frame on and the washer bottle fixed
and a crap spray job on the rear wing witch as already bubbling up with rust, rear fixed on right but still no lights oh and the front bumper still has dents from pore prep.

so i phone SKY for like the 30th time and get tolled me and the assessor are conspiring together so piss off coz we don't care!

well i do mate, and will be posting this on all sits u place adverts on + face book and twitter u get me!!

Regards from the DICER
adam

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol @ the Dicer!

Look forward to Sky's response.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Do you not deal with Sky direct for claims?

I always felt with their customer services with policy changes etc. Very very helpful. Nothing like what the Dicer "experienced".

Last edited by a moderator:
  MR2 Mk1.5
Do you not deal with Sky direct for claims?

I always felt with their customer services with policy changes etc. Very very helpful. Nothing like what the Dicer "experienced".

We are a broker, our underwriters handle claims, unless there is an issue (which is very rare) we do not get involved. I sympathise with Dicer, it sounds like he's been through the mill.. although reading in between the lines, his issue is with one of our underwriters and repairers, not with Sky the broker, however having said that, and of course (and rightly so) the buck stops with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
  MR2 Mk1.5
Flol @ the Dicer!

Look forward to Sky's response.

The Dicer is sorted.

I dont like leaving anything festering so here you go, posted on another forum the customer uses:

Ok, here is some feedback from our side for the customer and anyone else following this saga.

First things first, we (Sky Insurance)are a broker so do not usually get involved in the claim process, if we are aware of any claim issues we are always happy to step in and do our best to help.

The claim was originally report to the insurer as notification only.

It wasn’t made clear that the customer wanted to claim through the insurer until 26th January. There was a slight delay at this point also but my hands are tied on putting this information onto the public forum.

After this delay, the repairs were then authorised and the vehicle booked in for repairs in Feburary. Whilst the repairs were being done, the repairers noticed extra damage that needed to be rectified and the supplementary repairs were then authorised by the insurer.

The insurer received contact from the customer in April to advise that was unhappy with the work that was completed. The vehicle was then re-booked in for rectification work. At this point, the garage advised that they would be unable to carry out the repairs as they would have difficulty obtaining the part required. The Engineers then sent this to the insurer in May.

At this point, the insurer should have arranged for the vehicle to go to a different garage for the work to be carried out. Unfortunately, this was missed and the insurer closed the claim in error.

We apologies to the customer for this.

The insurer have now contacted the customer and are arranging for the further rectification work to be done.

So, there it is.

We on one hand are disappointed that the insurer closed the claim but we (Sky Insurance) have not really been involved in this process, we've had no communication with the customer since May 2012, neither had the insurer. We just needed one phone call , PM / email from the customer and we could have had the file reopened and the rectification work completed. I do not mean to be at all rude to the customer and of course we sympathise with him as the car has not been repaired to a satisfactory standard but as I have said to him in another forum post, communication works both ways, May-October is a long time. There is no buck-passing here with this statement, if you let us know there are issues, we get straight on it to resolve them.

We will keep our lines of communication open with the customer although again, please can you reply to my PM with up to date contact telephone numbers, we only have a landline which never gets answered when we call.

^ the customer replied to my PM this afternoon so we now have up to date contact details, the last and hopefully final update is that the customer has accepted a cash settlement.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I deal with Markerstudy on a daily basis. Good guys, you haven't anything to worry about.