ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know of this car?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Not the greatest advert.

just check the reasoning for it being on a cat D, that all the paperwork matches up, sufficient proof that its been repaired properly.
go over it with a fine tooth Combe, be a bit anal with your check, as its hard to change your mind once you have bought it.

that being said, if the damage wasn't that bad, but the labour costs tipped it over the margin for an economical repair, but its still been repaired to a satisfactory standard then there is no reason why it wouldn't be a good purchase.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Advert is shocking, would put me off straight away to be honest.

But without looking at it guess he will never know if its any good or not.

Can't seem to find out anything about it online really through forums.

Golf Mk5 GTi
As others have said, a truly awful advert. And for that reason I'd also steer clear too. I really cant understand peoples thinking when doing ads like this!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Just been serviced by Renault apparently.

Selling because he wants a van for motorcross...

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
If its local enough and you have a bit of time to kill then why not go and have a look around it.
if you walk away then no real harm done.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
If its local enough and you have a bit of time to kill then why not go and have a look around it.
if to walk away then no real harm done.

Going on Sunday I think, around 100 mile each way.

Said belts have been done but unless there are receipts or other form of proof im classing them as due.

Can only go into it open minded I guess.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Exactly that.
unless you look then you will never know.
if you don't have other pressing arrangements and you can spare the time then go with an open mind.
as said, you can always walk away if you smell a rat, nothing forcing your friend to buy it.

sunday afternoon fun road trip, we waste time doing far worse things in life ;)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Images my friend has been sent. Excuse the quality. Looks like the bonnet doesn't line up in on of them.

IMG-20130227-WA0009_zps442e8328.gif

IMG-20130227-WA0011_zps2078a571.gif

IMG-20130227-WA0012_zps505b9d36.gif

IMG-20130227-WA0013_zpsfbeee02b.gif

IMG-20130227-WA0014_zps32eee5d9.gif

IMG-20130227-WA0015_zpse26b3213.gif

IMG-20130227-WA0016_zps37d7a58d.gif

Inferno 182 FF
I would not touch that personally though CAT D is based on around 66% to 80% damage > value of the car.
So if it has been written off but was still worth around 4-5k in parkers/glass guide then that sounds a little more than just a bumper and a wing. Though if he bought the car back he would have been able to get damage repaired at a cheaper price than what the insurance could. :S

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
A bonnet is one of the easier things to adjust and to get perfect.
it does now start to worry me that of they could not put in the time to get that right, then what else may have been scrimped on to get it back on the road.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Yeah im still not sure what to make of it.

Its pretty cheap, my 182 was very nearly the same price. And there are 182 and Trophys out there for a good chunk more than this.

But as we all know if something seems to good to be true it probably is.

Lionel Richie
I would not touch that personally though CAT D is based on around 66% to 80% damage > value of the car.
So if it has been written off but was still worth around 4-5k in parkers/glass guide then that sounds a little more than just a bumper and a wing. Though if he bought the car back he would have been able to get damage repaired at a cheaper price than what the insurance could. :S

ah but its entirley possible that the car would have to sit 6-8weeks waiting on parts to come from France and the cost of the hire car to the incsurance company caused it to be a CAT D

i know of CAT D cars that just needed new car keys, and some that needed respraying (paint stipper incidents)

PB Clio 172
Nothing wrong with a cat D imo

My Clio is a cat D and it runs like a dream and you can always fix a car hence what bodyshops are for

No second hand car is with out its problems

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
Yeah im still not sure what to make of it.

Its pretty cheap, my 182 was very nearly the same price. And there are 182 and Trophys out there for a good chunk more than this.

But as we all know if something seems to good to be true it probably is.

I paid less than that for a 197 full fat + cup pack with most optional extras ticked in April 2012. Had 20k more miles and was HPI/Finance clear.

O

Oakley12

A guy I know had a celica vvti 'black edition' with the red leathers. Someone smashed his window and squirted shaving foam on all the seats... CAT C straight away. And that was just seats. Just because its been wrote off and down as a cat c/d does not mean you should stay clear of it. Just means you should go over it with a fine tooth Combe and find out what made the vehicle the category write of it is.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
As Fred said its sometimes the cost of the whole claim. I cat d a Porsche 911 turbo last week because the hire car was 500 per day.

Whereas if he wasn't in hire the car was easily repairable. Just economics for insurance companies sometimes.