ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone know this car??

Hi Guys,
first post on the main forum.
I have just bought a racing blue 182 cup. I am very pleased with it ,and it goes brilliantly. I noticed it has a cliosport.net sticker in the back window ,so i wondered if anyone knows the car??

CLIOAVATAR.jpg

cheers
David

Nice car mate. I know those rear lights are OEM (optional extra), but it would look much better with the regular set. I'm sure I've seen that reg. before but can't remember where!

oh, didnt realise they were not regular back lights!! Thanks for letting me know . i am new to clios, i thought this one was nice and standard, it has all stock airbox, exhaust ,suspension etc so i assumed the lights were stock too.
I was thinking of putting the stripes back on it ?? is that a no-no too??

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
oh, didnt realise they were not regular back lights!! Thanks for letting me know . i am new to clios, i thought this one was nice and standard, it has all stock airbox, exhaust ,suspension etc so i assumed the lights were stock too.
I was thinking of putting the stripes back on it ?? is that a no-no too??

Stripes are for winners, I want them put back on mine at some point..

sorry smiffy boy!! i have been looking for a couple of weeks now and was all set to go and look at the same car but double the price this weekend, when this one popped up. Shot straight round and after a good look round it and a test drive i drove it home !

i have already booked it in for the stripes on monday and a full decat stainless system the week after.
i hope to be booking my first track day very shortly. can't wait!!

done around 100 miles today and i cant stop grinning like an idiot

They're genuine Valeo lights. If you look at them closely you'll see that they're the exact same as 'normal' Clio ones... just not the same colour.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mr Jesus is correct.. They are an oem item.. My local renault had a few sets on stock

Never above 25mpg
They're genuine Valeo lights. If you look at them closely you'll see that they're the exact same as 'normal' Clio ones... just not the same colour.

+1 I had a set on my 1.4 Dynamique many moons ago, genuine items but still bloody ghastly.

Nice car HIGGSPEED

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
looks nice, remove lights and add stripe. I have an unused set of stripes that came with my car actually!

thanks guys,

i have it booked in for the stripes on monday. I am having a full stainless decat system fitted the week after. I used to be the bike manager at blueflame exhausts for 8 years and they are going to sort me out.

Oh just remembered, i have just ordered a full set of ebc ultimax discs and yellowstuff all round , that should be here on wednesday.

just had it up on the ramps today and i cant fault it really, i am going to polybush it ,but other than that, (and the exhaust and brakes), i am going to leave it alone till i have done my first trackday. I should be able to make my mind up if it needs further mods or if it is better than me to start with!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mr Jesus is correct.. They are an oem item.. My local renault had a few sets on stock

Lets face it, they still probably have them.

My local dealer has a set on display in the parts section, been there since I got my first clio nearly 4 years ago.

@OP - Lose the lights, and imo don't go with the stripes either!

Clio 197
Cool, i also saw this car trailing the online sites too.

Looking to sell my current Impreza WRX and move back to a 182 FF ;)