ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone missing there air con?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sod that mines a track car and I still have aircon on it, re gassed it at work two weeks ago. Happily use it out on track when it's hot too , just means I have to drive it a bit harder lol

Trackday queues on hot summers days are so much more pleasant with aircon!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
​but there are still times when it goes up and the aircon on for us ......sunburn isn't clever

Im a skinhead, no point trying to avoid sunburn as it just happens another day instead, so I just accept a little of it then once the head goes brown a bit it doesnt happen again that year, lol.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
in this weather its on every day, kind of a bummer having it in work and the car but not my house!

Clio 197
Driving back from Germany on monday with my brother following in his 306 and i was sat in the clio oblivious to the heat outside as the climate was set to 17 degrees.

We get into london and stop at some services and i nearly pass out when i step outside of the clio as the heat was around 30 degrees...i was blissfully unaware, meanwhile my brother following in his 306 with his heaters constantly blowing hot and all windows down was far from comfortable!

So yes - i would definitely miss it if i didnt have it, doesnt affect MPG either, i find it hard to believe anyone could disagree.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
doesnt affect MPG either, i find it hard to believe anyone could disagree.

Weird statement, when in use the aircon compressor puts an extra load onto the crankshaft pulley via the drive belt, so to get the same cruising speed you have to have a tiny bit more throttle (and hence use a tiny bit more fuel and air) to still have the same amount of power getting to the wheels.
So of course it effects mpg, but not by much.

172 Cup
In my Cup.. no. Not once. Realised last night I still grin almost every time I get out, sweaty or not, I'm happy.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Super sweatyman.

But to be honest I never took it into consideration when I brought the cup and have only felt like I wanted air con 3 days so far this year so not really missing much.

This summer is certainly the first one for a long time where its been a big issue.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Both, retarded for throwing the current one in the bin and a pauper for not being able to get it fixed ;)

The current one was broken, I didn't want a new system because I never use it,
the car's eventually going to be a track day car, and when it was taken out it was part of a £900 quid engine service.

So yeah, pauper as f*ck.

I know you were only joking, but I felt like a rant. :rasp:

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha that's it mate, sometimes in life we have to cut out the luxuries and stick with the necessities.

Just FYI I have no working aircon either :eek:.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The current one was broken, I didn't want a new system because I never use it,
the car's eventually going to be a track day car, and when it was taken out it was part of a £900 quid engine service.

So yeah, pauper as f*ck.

I know you were only joking, but I felt like a rant. :rasp:

A true high roller would of got it fixed on top of his £900 bill ;)

Clio 197
Weird statement, when in use the aircon compressor puts an extra load onto the crankshaft pulley via the drive belt, so to get the same cruising speed you have to have a tiny bit more throttle (and hence use a tiny bit more fuel and air) to still have the same amount of power getting to the wheels.
So of course it effects mpg, but not by much.

You took it out of context , I was referring to the fact that people say they don't miss the aircon.

Ok then it doesn't affect "real world mpg"

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
having the windows down is an option but when stuck in traffic in the boiling dun that does not work and when on the motorway on a day trip with your pals its just too noisy and blows loads of wind in there face lol!