ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone start a 365 today?

Fiat Panda 100hp
lol, bokeh always has the makings of a good picture. Looking good. I'm going to start mine again as soon as I get my D90.

Nice work, would have been nice to see more background, but at least yours really puts emphasis on the '4'.

I'm trying to write a list of things to shoot during the week, realised that I will be at work during the only daylight hours for quite some time now, so need to come up with some still life ideas for any evenings where I don't go for a night stroll.

Day 3...

447959400_BfKje-M.jpg

Day 4...

448457855_eFNed-M.jpg

Mainly trying to process in B&W at the moment, bit of a struggle though.

Yeh, I could venture outside today, tomorrow it will be dark by the time I get home, but I think ive got 5 sorted..

Don't really want to post mine up!

01/52
3167098771_a4465cdee2.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianflaherty/3167098771/

I think the saying, 'things can only get better' would be fitting at the moment. At least it's a reference point for everything that follows though.

Done my 5th today, probably one of my better ones so far, not that thats a difficult thing! lol..

Just keep with it mate. Nobody is a pro and its all about learning. Im only doing it to encourage me to take more pics. I even had a dream about finding numbers the other night! :eek: lol

Everyone else still going?

Right, seeing this thread everyday I'm going to have to start a 52 project - think I'll just forget if I go for a 365 - at least I have a whole week to take a photo!

Our first snow in about a decade got me out of a hole today. It's delayed my "clamp my lens to my headrest and try a long exposure driving shot" for another day, all good :)

Grabbed this in the garden just before I left for work. A bit abstract, but I like it...

449525243_4Hd8x-L.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Just seen this on Flickr.. can't wait til you get to triple figures with this theme, "Was that 342 Smarties, or 343? Balls to it, no-one will notice.." :)

Great shot pal.

Cheers mate, I think todays is my best so far..

lol, I know im going to struggle when I get higher but ive ages to think of things! I keep looking for numbers everywhere now.. :eek:

Fiat Panda 100hp
Skillz, Chris. I like that..

Mine for today..

3173896311_b346446846.jpg

Love it revels.. I would like to see more of the pills in the foreground in focus, but that's just em.

Get that in some flickr groups, and watch it make explore. ;)

Yeh, I like my shallow DoF! :eek:

I thought if you wh0red in too many groups then you have less chance of making on Explore?

Fiat Panda 100hp
Yeh, I like my shallow DoF! :eek:

I thought if you wh0red in too many groups then you have less chance of making on Explore?

Explore works in mysterious ways, but it does depend on how many views/comments/favs in a certain time period from posting the image. More groups = more comments, views etc, and make sure you tag it up well, as this also contributes.

Chris I know, will disagree with the groups.

Explore works in mysterious ways, but it does depend on how many views/comments/favs in a certain time period from posting the image. More groups = more comments, views etc, and make sure you tag it up well, as this also contributes.

Chris I know, will disagree with the groups.

I'm not keen on some of those horribly butt-licking "rate my picture" groups that people use to boost their view/comment ratio, but I think sticking them in the groups for lens / camera / location / whatever is really useful. I've spent many an hour loading up a group and just clicking "slideshow" and enjoying what is on offer for a particular lens or location. In the long run I think tags are the key though, about 70% of my hits are coming through Yahoo! Search now.

Got to say it again though, really really impressed with your 365 so far, lots of clever ideas already, I'm almost wishing I had a 'theme' to stick with as well.

Day 6 for me...

450223399_fGeSy-L.jpg

Thought about cleaning the windows, but that kind of goes against what I'm doing with this, so I 'kept it real'. I'm going to do this once a month until I perfect it, although living in a rural area doesn't help with the light trails etc, need about 20 seconds to get a reasonable amount.

Nice photo Chris.

Right, started my 52 tonight. It's cold, I'm inside so dug around for a few props and setup the tripod.

Not sure if I should stick to some sort of theme....hmmm.

3174375823_7d56685561_o.jpg

Nice chris. how did you setup the camera? headrest?

Yup, as it happens a D90 fits perfectly in the gap between the metal supports under a 2008 Ford Focus headrest :)

Got to be a better way by securing a tripod or something, but as I only had 2 minutes to set it up it worked pretty well.

Chris, it looks like you are on a banked oval circuit!

I was sat in the back operating the camera, other half was driving :) I didn't have the camera level for that first shot but it came out the sharpest of the bunch, so that one made it in to the 365.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Done any editing Chris? Or are they straight from the camera? Colours like nice and sharp.

Done any editing Chris? Or are they straight from the camera? Colours like nice and sharp.

Straight from camera, but I have the in-camera colour settings on "Vivid" at the moment, which is giving me a nice balance as I'm useless at boosting colours in Photoshop after (it's not so good in the Summer, grass comes out waaaay too green imo, but quite nice for this time of year). It was Matrix Metering iirc, but the Fisheye seems particularly 'punchy' anyway so that probably helped as well.

I tried the headrest one quickly once, failed miserably. Need to try again.

Good shot though, Chris. I like it. I like yours too, Paul. The shadow is a nice touch :)

FF RB 182
Straight from camera, but I have the in-camera colour settings on "Vivid" at the moment, which is giving me a nice balance as I'm useless at boosting colours in Photoshop after (it's not so good in the Summer, grass comes out waaaay too green imo, but quite nice for this time of year). It was Matrix Metering iirc, but the Fisheye seems particularly 'punchy' anyway so that probably helped as well.

Gaz normally just shoots in RAW then just has a play with the sliders that open up in photoshop until he get's it looking how he likes. Takes all of 2 minutes.